Pancreas is a small organ in the abdomen which functions to produce insulin and glucagon hormones as well as digestive enzymes. The pancreatic function of producing digestive enzymes for proper food digestion is known as the exocrine pancreas. It is seen in some pets that their pancreas are unable to produce the adequate amount of digestive enzymes which leads to indigestion or problems related to digestion. To help the pancreas produce sufficient enzymes that help break down food, such pets are provided with medications.
VetApprovedRx provides the most common and basic treatment options to help cure pancreatic as well as several other health conditions. It is the online pet medications store that is owned by a veterinarian to offer all products that are U.S.A FDA and EPA approved. Viokase V Powder is a type of pet medication offered by VetApprovedRx that helps in the treatment of pancreatic enzymes. The complete product details are further included in the article.
Viokase V pancreatic enzymes are used in the treatment of pancreatic insufficiency or maldigestion syndrome. This product is useful for both dogs and cats. It is offered in available as tablets as well as powder form. Viokase V Powder is offered in three sizes, 4 oz powder, 8 oz powder and 12 oz powder.
Viokase V Powder for pancreatic insufficiency can be bought on providing a veterinarian’s prescription. While checking out from VetApprovedRx, you will have to provide your veterinarian contact details such as Fax number or email address. Then the company will send him or her prescription confirmation that your veterinarian will authorize and return after which the product will be shipped to you.
Viokase V Powder Dosage and Administration
Kindly note the following product administrating points:
- Viokase V Powder can be added to moistened cat food canned or dry.
- It is important to thoroughly mix food and powder to bring the enzymes into close contact with the food particles.
- You should allow the food to remain at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes before feeding. This incubating will appears to enhance the digestive process in cats.
- It is essential to offer frequent feeding to cats, at least 3 times a day.
- The Viokase V tablets must be administered before each meal.
- For Dogs: 2-3 tablets or ¾-1 teaspoonful 2.8 g/ teaspoonful with each meal.
- For Cats: ½-1 tablet or ¼-¾ teaspoonful 2.8 g/ teaspoonful with each meal.
Point to note: You should consider that no one regimen will be successful for every pet. The above-recommended dosage should be modified depending on the severity of the pancreatic exocrine deficiency and weight of your cat. In cases of chronic pancreatic insufficiency, the dosage can be increased until desired results are attained.
Viokase V Powder Precautions
- Discontinue use of Viokase V Powder in pets displaying symptoms of hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug.
- Do not administer the drug in cats that are allergic to pork proteins.
Viokase V Powder Side Effects
Viokase V Powder causes just partial side effects. Serious side effects can be seen only while providing higher doses. The prominent side effects of this medication include weight loss, diarrhea, and increased appetite.
To order Viokase V Powder instantly, you will just have to click on the link below that will direct you to VetApprovedRx official web page: http://www.vetapprovedrx.com/shop.asp?category_id=&item_id=1179&item_name=VioKase%20V%20Powder#.VR0Sa_yUeSo