Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml is an insulin product provided by VetApprovedRx. The in depth details of this product is included further in the article.
“Does Agile Joints Plus supplement offer optimal movement comforts for cats? What is the mentioned list of ingredients added? Is the product effective on felines of all stages of life? Stay more updated on Agile Joints Plus reviews here…”
Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml is a porcine insulin zinc suspension which is the only FDA approved insulin for use in both diabetic dogs and cats in the USA. It is a sterile aqueous zinc suspension of purified porcine insulin. The pack contains U-40 10 ml of insulin.
Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml pack is temperature sensitive medications and requires special express shipping. Thus, an additional $24.99 shipping and handling fee will be added to the order to accommodate special shipping requirements.
Vetsulin Pork Insulin Ingredients
Each mL of Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml contains:
- Purified porcine insulin 40 IU 35% amorphous and 65% crystalline
- Zinc as chloride 0.08 mg
- Sodium acetate trihydrate 1.36 mg
- Sodium chloride 7.0 mg
- Methylparaben additive 1.0 mg
- pH is adjusted with hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide.
Vetsulin Pork Insulin Dosage And Administration
- Use only U-40 syringe for injecting Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml as syringe other than this will be an incorrect dosing. This product is for subcutaneous injection in dogs and cats only. The following Dosage And Administration guidelines should be followed:
- Shake the vial thoroughly until a similar, uniformly milky suspension is obtained.
- During shaking the foam on the surface of the suspension will be formed, allow it to disperse before the product is used. If required gently mix the product to maintain a homogeneous, consistent milky suspension before use.
- Do not use the product if visible clumps or white particles persist in insulin suspensions after shaking the bottle thoroughly.
- Using a U-40 insulin syringe, the injection should be administered under the skin in 2 to 5 cm ¾ to 2 in from the dorsal midline, changeable from behind the scapulae to the mid-lumbar region and alternating sides. The Owner Information Sheet is provided always with each prescription.
Vetsulin Pork Insulin Recommended Dosage Instruction for Cats
- The initial recommended dose in cats is 1 to 2 IU per injection, to be given twice daily at about 12 hour intervals.
- If cats are fed twice then the injections should be given alongside with or right after each meal.
- If cats are fed as often as desired, make no change in feeding schedule.
- Allow the veterinarian to re-evaluate the cat at regular intervals and alter the dose based on clinical signs, urinalysis results, and glucose curve values until adequate glycemic control has been attained.
- Further changes in dosage may be required if there are changes in the cat’s diet, body weight, or associated medication, or if the cat develops parallel infection, inflammation, neoplasia, or an additional endocrine or other medical disorder.
Cats having a systemic allergy to pork or pork products should not be treated with Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml. Vetsulin are contraindicated during periods of hypoglycemia.
Vetsulin Pork Insulin Warnings
- It is meant for use in animals only.
- Keep away from the reach of children.
- Avoid the product contact with eyes. In case of by chance eye contact, immediately flush eyes with plentiful water for about 15 minutes.
- Inadvertent injection may cause clinical hypoglycemia. In such a case, seek immediate medical help.
- In sensitive individuals, just the exposure to product may induce a local or systemic allergic reaction.
- This product is not evaluated for the safety and effectiveness in breeding, pregnant, and lactating cats. Moreover, the safety and effectiveness of vetsulin in also not evaluated in kittens.
Animals with severe ketoacidosis, lethargy, anorexia and/or vomiting should be stabilized with short-acting insulin and suitable supportive therapy until their condition is stabilized.
As with Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml and all other insulin products, careful cat monitoring for hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia are necessary to attain and maintain adequate glycemic control and prevent related complications.
Over dosage can result in intense hypoglycemia and death of cat. Progestogens, certain endocrinopathies, and glucocorticoids can have a hostile effect on insulin activity. Thus, avoid using Progestogen and glucocorticoid.
Vetsulin Pork Insulin Drug Interactions
No medication interactions were reported for Vetsulin Pork Insulin U-40 10 ml. In the US clinical effectiveness studies, cats received various medications while also being treated with vetsulin. These medications include antimicrobials, antivirals, corticosteroids cats, anti-emetics, antifungals, anesthetics/tranquilizers, antihistamines, analgesics, diuretics, bronchodilators, hyperthyroid medication methimazole, thyroid hormone supplementation, NSAIDs, internal and external parasiticides, ophthalmic preparations with antimicrobials and antiinflammatories, dermatological topical treatments and oral supplements, and also various other vaccines.
Vetsulin Pork Insulin Storage Conditions
- It is required to store this bottle in an upright position under refrigeration at 2° to 8° C or 36° to 46° F.
- Do not freeze and Protect the product from light.
- The content of the product should be used within 42 days of first vial puncture.
Originally posted 2015-06-07 11:47:00.