Universal Medicated Shampoo is a product manufactured and distributed by the Vet Solutions and it serves the purpose of treating all the dermatological conditions faced by the cats. It anti-bacterial and antifungal properties and the keratolytic activities make this product an effective one to use for all the skin disorders occurring in the cats.
This shampoo can be used as per directed by your vet and there is no harm in using it for a routine basis. It has the deep cleansing action that helps in getting rid of the scales and crusts present on the skin of the cat. It provides relief to all dermal conditions.
Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions – Ingredients
The combination of all active and inactive ingredients makes this product an effective shampoo for the skin and hair coat of the cats. The active ingredients included are as follows:
- Chloroxylenol – There Chloroxylenol constitutes about 2 % of the total formula mix of this shampoo.
- Salicylic acid – 2% salicylic acid is present in this formula mix.
- Sodium Thiosulfate – Sodium Thiosulfate is a source of soluble sulfur and there is a 2 % of this ingredient included in the Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions formula.
The following are the other ingredients present in the Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions Formula mix:
- Deionized Water
- Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate
- Propylene Flycol
- Cocamide Dea
- Citric Acid
- Fd&C Blue No. 1
Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions – Directions of Use
The dosage levels and administrations are to be followed exactly the way it is mentioned in the product package. You can take your cat to the vet first and get his opinions. The vet will diagnose the condition of the cat and adjust the levels of the dosage best suited for your cat. The directions for use of the Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions are as follows:
- Shake the shampoo bottle well before use.
- Wash the coat of the cat with lukewarm water.
- Take some amount of the shampoo from the bottle and massage it gently onto the coat of the cat. You can add in the little amount of water as it will help in providing a better dispersion.
- Massage it well onto the coat of the cat until enough lather is produced.
- Now rinse it off well with water.
- Repeat this process once more.
- You can do this once a week or as prescribed by your vet.
- Even after the symptoms subside, continue to use the Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions until the whole course is completed. This will ensure better results with a further prevention of all these conditions faced by the cats.
Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions – Warnings
- It should not be brought in contact with the eyes. Accidental contacts should be treated immediately by washing it off thoroughly with water.
- This product is to be used only for topical application. That is, it must be applied only outside the body and should not intake inside.
- The Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions is only for use for animals and should be kept out of reach of children.
There are two more variations of the Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions available for purchase:
- Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions of 16 fl. Oz
- Universal Medicated Shampoo by Vet Solutions of 1 Gallon
Originally posted 2015-04-18 04:00:14.