For the purpose of injection sterile water is required. This is the reason what made companies develop the Sterile Water for Injection. It is an isotonic solution that is made out of the suitable solutes which are designed only for parenteral use. This injection of the sterile water can be used on animals.
“Is your pet suffering from frequent coughs? Then why not go for Lung Gold for cat lung infections and easy breathing, an effective mix of 9 active components. Further, check for the adverse reactions associated…”
This is for making injections which do not have any content of bacteriostat or antimicrobial agents. It also has added buffer and this sterile water are supplied in single-dose containers. The single dose containers help for better diluting or dissolving of the drugs that are prepared for injection. Sufficient amount of solute should be added for the formulation of the isotonic solution.
The Sterile Water for Injection is available in 100 ml and 250 ml bottles. It has a pH level of 5.8 hypotonic approximately. There are no preservatives included in this medication.
Sterile Water for Injection – Types of Vials
There are two types of Vials available for the Sterile Water for Injection, the Glass Vial, and the Semi-rigid Vial. Both these vials provide its safety and performance for the right injection patterns. It can also effectively store the sterile waters in it. The containers are very strong too.
- Glass Vial – The Glass vial is used mainly for the Type I or Type II model of the borosilicate glass. As per the USP standards, both these types of glasses meet the requirement of the powdered glass test. So you can be ensured of the quality and the performance it delivers.
- Semi-rigid Vial – This vial is a copolymer of ethylene and propylene which are specially formulated polyolefin for the purpose of Sterile Water for Injection. These are safe to be used for animals and that is why it is used in the injection for cats too. They are certified by the USP biological standards for plastic containers. The right amount of labeled volume is maintained with no vapor barrier needed by the container.
Some warnings and cautions of the Sterile Water for Injection are:
- The Sterile Water for Injection is for parenteral use only.
- As soon as the solution mix is made, use it. Do not delay the usage once the sterilization is done.
- This medication should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Report us immediately if you find the seal broken or if the solution is not clear. Do not use this product if it is so.
- After the use of the Sterile Water for Injection, if there are any leftovers do not store it or keep it for later use. Dispose of the rest of the contents.
- The sterility of the mixed water should be maintained.
- The USP of this sterile water should be made isotonic before its use.
- Please note that this solution should be only used for diluting or dissolving drugs for the three injections, that is, intravenous, intramuscular or subcutaneous.
Originally posted 2015-04-15 05:20:42.