Resflor Gold is a remedy that has proven effective for treating the respiratory disorders in cats and other animals. It is known for its antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties and can treated a number of diseases like Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, Histophilus somni, and Mycoplasma bovis and BRD-associated pyrexia in beef and non-lactating dairy cattle.
Resflor Gold – The Dosage Levels
These dosage should be given as per directed for better and best results. The administration should be done for 10 ml only for each site and no more. These administrations should be done once by the subcutaneous injections at the dosage level of 40 mg florfenicol/kg body weight and at 2.2 mg flunixin/kg body weight 6 ml/100 lb.
- Cats that have a weight of 100 lbs should be given 6.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 200 lbs should be given 12.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 300 lbs should be given 18.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 400 lbs should be given 24.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 500 lbs should be given 30.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 600 lbs should be given 36.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 700 lbs should be given 42.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 800 lbs should be given 48.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 900 lbs should be given 54.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
- Cats that have a weight of 1000 lbs should be given 60.0 ml of the Resflor Gold.
Resflor Gold – Side Effects and Precautions
There are cases of severe and mild side effects reported against Resflor Gold. Some of them are as follows:
- Extreme diarrhea is a common side effect faced by cats.
- Swelling of the area where injection is given.
- Transient inappetence is another type of stomach upset faced apart from diarrhea.
- Some cats are allergic to florfenicol which is a part of Resflor Gold.
- It is advised not to use any drug which contains anaphylaxis and collapse and there will be interactions caused along with the usage of Resflor Gold.
Toxicity is a type of reactions caused that can lead to gastrointestinal, renal and hepatic toxicity. Cat who is dehydrated, having renal, cardiovascular or hepatic dysfunction, have undergone diuretic therapy should be very careful as they are prone to more risk of these adverse affects. There are also certain anti-prostaglandin drugs that might cause diseases in cats and even gastrointestinal ulceration, inflammations and so on. Some chemicals are known to affect the parturition or estrous cycle. The constant injection of the Resflor Gold can cause transient reactions that might affect the underlying tissues in the cats.
Resflor Gold – Warning
Some of the Warnings you have to take care of while using the Resflor Gold are as follows:
- Do not use or slaughter the cats who have been given the Resflor Gold for at least 38 days under which they are in treatment.
- This product is to be used only for animals and not for humans. It should be kept out of reach of children.
- It should not be made in contact with eyes. If accidentally done so, wash your eye thoroughly with water for about 15 minutes.
- It should not be made in contact with skin too. It accidentally done, then washes that area of the skin thoroughly with water.
- It should also not to be in contact with the clothing of the humans. These stains or contamination’s to be washed off thoroughly.
- Any irritations or serious after effects caused when in contact with eyes or skin or clothes, contact your doctor immediately and seek medical help.
- Do not inject the Resflor Gold accidentally. This may cause local irritation.
- The Resflor Gold should not be given to cats who are in the breeding or nursing stage or who are pregnant. The safety of the florfenicol content in this medication on the reproductive performance or pregnancy is not verified.
For more details on the dos and don’ts of Resflor Gold, you can refer the MSDS or Material Safety Data Sheet for it.