Program tablets are flavored tablets that are be given to your cats if it is suffering from flea attacks. This lufenuron flavored tablets can kill the flea-like cycle from its roots and prevents the development of the flea eggs and the larvae. This is an effective treatment for flea infestations which is easy to administer too. It should be given to the cats once a month and should not be given to kittens who are less than 6 weeks of age.
Program tablets – Working
The working of the Program tablets is simple. The main objective is to treat the problem from its roots cause. That is, to break the life cycle of the fleas. Once the Program tablets are ingested, it circulates in the bloodstream of the cat. This will eventually lead to the killing of the eggs of the fleas and thereby breaking the whole life cycle of the flea. The further growth and development of the fleas are stopped.
The only problem with the Program tablets is that it does not kill the adult fleas. That is, only the eggs and larvae are taken care of and the grown ones are not treated. So it is important to treat all your pets in the household and the adult fleas have the power to feed on these untreated pets.
Program tablets – Dosage and Administration
The Program tablets should be purchased according to the size of your cat. The variations of the Program tablets available depending on the size range are given below. It is important to give the right dosage of the Program tablets to your cats. This will ensure better, faster and effective results.
There are two ways in which the Program tablets can be administered:
- The Program tablets can be directly put into the mouth of your cat. That is, it can be administered orally.
- The Program tablets can also be given along with the food or treat given to the cat. You can mix the contents of the tablets in this feed before the cat consumes. This method is less risky as you can ensure the ingestion of the medicine along with the feed.
Program tablets – Side Effects
Side effects or adverse reactions are part of every medication but it is not a serious issue here. Nevertheless, there are chances of the following side effects being experienced:
- Problems in the stomach or stomach upsets like vomiting and diarrhea
- Some cats experience loss of appetite
- Mental disorder is also a possible side effect. that is, mental imbalances like depression or lethargy
- Dermal conditions like itchiness, skin congestion, redness of the skin are some of the skin disorders faced as a side effect by a cat who have taken the Program tablets.
- Hives are also a possible side effect.
- In case of adverse cases of these reactions, you must consult your vet immediately.
The Program tablets are also available in the following variations:
- Program for Dogs up to 10 lbs
- Program for Dogs 46 to 90lbs.
- Program for Dogs 11 to 20 lbs and Cats up to 6 lbs.
- Program for Dogs 21 to 45 lbs and Cats 7 to 15 lbs.
You can purchase any of these Program tablets from the following website: http://www.vetapprovedrx.com/shop.asp?category_id=&item_id=807&item_name=Program%20for%20Dogs%2046%20to%2090lbs.#.VRuV1_yUffI