It can kill the flea eggs and flea larvae too within 15 minutes of its usage. This is a waterproof product that is also used for killing and repelling mosquito attacks on cats and dogs. It is easy to apply too.
Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On for Cats – Ingredients
The Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On Formula constitute around 38.6 % of active ingredients and 61.4 % of other ingredients. The active ingredients are:
- Tofenprox 30.0%
- S-Methoprene 3.6%
- Piperonyl Butoxide 5.0%
The other ingredients of this formula mix are butyl carbityl 6-propylpiperonyl ether and related compounds.
Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On for Cats – Directions of Use
The dosage levels of the Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On is for once every 30 days if there is no re-treatment. For the retreatment to start it should at least finish 8 days of the first treatment. Re-treatment should not be done for more than once a month.
For the application of the Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On there are four steps: Open, Load, Close and Apply. The directions of use are mentioned as follows:
- Use the tip of the applicator to part the hair well and to get to the skin of the cat for application of the medicine.
- Take the area between the shoulder and the base of the tail and press circle on the red spots. It should be evenly applied on the three spots.
- Stick to the dosage levels mentioned and do not apply excessive quantity as the excess solution may run off to the sides of the cat.
- Use only the applicator and not your hands for spreading the solution on the skin of the cat.
- You can brush the hair and coat of the cat well. This will allow for the solution to spread well to all the regions needed to be applied.
Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On for Cats – Storage and Disposal
- Storage: The Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On should be stored in a cool area. It should be kept out of the reach of children and animals.
- Disposal: The Liquid Tube Disposal, if empty should be discarded well. It should not be reused. If the tube is partially filled then ask your local solid waste agency for the disposal instructions. Do not throw it in any indoor or outdoor drainage.
Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On – Precautions
- This product is only for external use and should not be used in any other way not instructed.
- The Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On should not be given to those cats that are less than 10 weeks old.
- Avoid contact with the eyes as it will cause eye irritations.
- Avoid contact with the clothing as this too will cause irritations.
- If these irritations persist, either wash it off thoroughly with water and soap or consult your vet immediately.
The Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On for Cats are also available in the following quantities:
- X Small Dog [6-12lbs] 3 month
- Small Dog [13-31lbs] 3 month
- Medium Dog[32-55lbs] 3 month
- Large Dog[56-80]
- XLarge Dog[81lbs and over] 3 month
To place an order for the Ovitrol X Tend Flea and Tick Spot On for Cats, click on the following link: http://www.vetapprovedrx.com/shop.asp?category_id=&item_id=2396&item_name=Ovitrol%20X%20Tend%20Flea%20&%20Tick%20Spot%20On%20for%20Dogs#.VRf4S_yUffI