Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats – Ingredients
The active ingredients constitute around 1.75 % and the inactive ingredients constitute around 98.25 % of the total Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo Formula mix. The constituency of the active ingredients is as follows:
- 1.10 % of S-Methoprene
- 0.15 % of Pyrethrins
- 1.05 % of Piperonyl Butoxide
Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats – Directions of Use
As per the Federal Law, the directions of use of this Flea & Tick Shampoo should be followed exactly how it is mentioned. You will get the best results.
- First of all you have to dilute it with 2 parts of water. It can also be used in full strength.
- Wet your cat with warm water.
- Take some amount of the Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo and apply onto the head, ears, and neck, chest, middle and hind quarters of the cat. As a finishing you can do the legs. Make sure that it is not applied anywhere around the eyes.
- Massage for 3 to 5 minutes until lather is formed and then rinse well.
- Repeat this process in cases if your cat is dirty or scaly.
- Do this for every 7 to 10 days.
Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats – Precautions
- The Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo is very harmful for humans and should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Contact with the eyes, skin and clothing of the owner of the cat should be avoided. There are chances of eye irritations being caused. Flush your eyes thoroughly with water. It is also harmful if absorbed through the skin. If by accident the contents of the Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo get on the cloth, wash it off thoroughly with soap and water.
- You must wash your hands before and after the use of this medication. Wash it well with soap and water.
- Cats that are less than an age of 12 weeks should not be given this product.
- The safety of the Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo on pregnant or nursing cats is not established and so you must consult with your vet before any such application.
- Cats who are debilitated, aged or under any other medication should ask be consulted with the vet first before this treatment is done.
- Sensitivities are a common side effects and it is caused when other drugs interact. It these signs persists, seek medical help immediately. You can also wash it off well with water and soap.
- Do not ingest the Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo as it is only for topical use and ingestion would be hazardous.
Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats – Storage and Disposal
- Storage – The Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo should be stored in a cool area. Proper storage ensures a long lasting life for the product.
- Disposal – Once the Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo is over, wrap it up and dispose it in the trash. It is advised not to use the empty container again for any other purpose.
You can purchase the Ovitrol Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats from the following website: http://www.vetapprovedrx.com/shop.asp?category_id=&item_id=2703&item_name=Ovitrol%20X-%20Tend%20Flea%20&%20Tick%20Shampoo%20for%20Dogs%20&%20Cats#.VRfnafyUffI