The presence of aloe vera, lanolin and extracts of coconut acts as a moisturizer for the sensitive skin. This shampoo can also be used in dogs. The Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo should be given to puppies or kittens more than 12 weeks of age only. The Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo are also available in a 12 oz bottle.
Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo – Ingredients
There are two active ingredients present in the Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo Formula:
- 0.15 % of Pyrethrins
- 1.88 % of Piperonyl Butoxide
The active ingredients constitute around 2.03 % and the inactive ingredients constitute around 97.97%. The Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo formula also contain extracts of coconut, lanolin, and aloe.
Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo – Side Effects
The occurrence of side effects is rare by the users of Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo. Even if any reactions occur it is not adverse. Sensitivity can be a side effect for these types of medication. If ever your cat sufferers from this sensitivity you can bathe your cat with soap and mild soap. Then you can rinse it with large amounts of water. If there is no change in the condition and the condition starts to get worse then consult your vet immediately.
Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo is a concentrated shampoo for treating dandruff problems in cats. It is a smooth lathering shampoo that can get rid of loose dandruff, dirt, and scales present on the head of the cat. Apart from these, this shampoo is also effective for killing the adult fleas and ticks present on the skin of the cat. Just by the contact of the Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo on these fleas and ticks, it can be killed.
Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo – Cautions
- The Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo are only for animal use, especially in dogs and cats. it should not be used by humans or domestic animals. This product should be kept out of the reach of children.
- All the instructions mentioned in the product label should be completely adhered to.
This shampoo should not be brought in contact with the skin. It is very harmful when absorbed through the skin.
- Do not swallow any content of the Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after the handling of this shampoo because as mentioned earlier it is very harmful when absorbed through the skin.
- The Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo should be used only on cats who are older than 12 weeks of age.
- The safety of this shampoo on pregnant or nursing cats are not determined. So if you want to shampoo your cat with the Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo, take permission from your vet first. Similar is the case if your cat is debilitated, aged or under any medication.
You can purchase the Mycodex Flea and Tick Shampoo for your cat from the following website: http://www.vetapprovedrx.com/shop.asp?category_id=&item_id=766&item_name=Mycodex%20Flea%20and%20Tick%20Shampoo#.VRvu0PyUffI