“Prescribed dosage of Lung Gold for Cats aids the immune response support to lung infections in cats. It is known for maintaining the open airways and oxygenation of tissues in cats. Keep on reading and look up for the major details here…”
A medicated shampoo that is specifically manufactured for use in animals like cats, dogs, and horses is the Malaseb Shampoo. The Malaseb Shampoo has antibacterial and antifungal properties which are excellent for not only shampooing the coat of the animal but also for conditioning. The shampoo is to be used in therapeutic doses and there are therapeutic effects too.
It is free from fragrance and is convenient to give to those animals who do not like the certain smell. It helps in descaling and degreasing the hair coat without any problems of stripping.
Malaseb Shampoo – Active Ingredients
The two active ingredients of Malaseb Shampoo are:
- Miconazole Nitrate – There is a presence of 2% of the Miconazole Nitrate in the Malaseb Shampoo.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate – Here too 2% of this ingredient is added in the Malaseb Shampoo formula mix.
Both these ingredients are effective for treating skin conditions faced by the cats. Cats that are highly responsive to the Miconazole Nitrate or Chlorhexidine Gluconate content tends to show faster results.
Malaseb Shampoo – Directions of Use
For best and quick results follow the instructions given as it is. The directions of use of Malaseb Shampoo are given below:
- Wash your hands before applying the product on your cats. This ensures that your germs or dirt are not transferred to the cat.
- Now wash the coat of the cat, where the shampoo is going to be applied, thoroughly with water.
Massage in the shampoo till a later is formed over the entire body.
- Keep it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off well with water.
- Repeat this process of two times a week till the condition is resolved. Then you can just do it for one time a week.
- Consult your vet and adhere to the directions given by him.
Malaseb Shampoo – Side effects
There is one side effects reported against Malaseb Shampoo. That is, some cats have faced skin irritations. It occurs mainly on the areas where the shampoo has been applied. You must wash off those areas thoroughly with water. If the condition gets worse, discontinue the usage of this shampoo and contact your vet immediately.
It is rare that these side effects attack the cats. Some cases the severity of side effect is high and other cases low. Another reason that can be attributed to the occurrence of side effect is drug interactions. That is, if you are using any other medication along with the Malaseb Shampoo there are chances that both these drugs interact and cause reactions. So tell your vet if any other medication is given to the cat.
Malaseb Shampoo – Cautions
The usage of the Malaseb Shampoo is for only animals, but particularly for the dogs and horses. So consult with your vet to know whether it is safe to use this shampoo on your cat. These are some warnings you should be careful about:
- The Malaseb Shampoo should not be brought in contact with the eyes. Even if by accident it is done so, wash it off thoroughly with water.
- It should also not be brought in contact with the mucous membranes of the cat. It is very dangerous and might cause adverse reactions.
- This product is only for animal use and should not be used on humans. It should be kept out of reach of the children.
The Malaseb Shampoo is available in two more quantities:
- Malaseb Shampoo 250 ml bottle
- Malaseb Shampoo 500 ml bottle
Originally posted 2015-04-16 06:06:33.