“Order cat hyperthyroidism Thyroid Support Gold online at Pet Wellbeing and indulge in the exciting deals offered by the manufacturer. The product is guaranteed to work and is worth at offering precious results to the users. Try them off!”
“Pet Wellbeing Ear Care Gold solution – Is it safe and effective as mentioned? Is it available at various online stores? What about the price and associated major side effects? Look up everything here on Ear Care Gold!”
All products sold at VetApprovedRx are proven to be safe and effective as they are all those same brand name medications that your veterinarian may recommend. In addition, all medications offered here are of superior quality and U.S. FDA and EPA approved medications. Varied kind of pet medications are provided at VetApprovedMeds to help pet owners in treating and curing their pet any health condition. Heartworm problem is as much as common in cats as dogs. To help prevent and protect your cat against this Interceptor is one such medication. The full details of Interceptor are further mentioned in the article.
Interceptor Flavor Tablets are the only oral monthly preventive that protects against four parasites all at once. This useful medication can be used for both cats and dogs. It help prevents deadly heartworm disease, while also protects dog against adult round worms, adult hook worms and whip worms. Moreover, it prevents heartworm disease and removes adult hook worms and roundworms in cats and kittens. It is available in 6 Dose and 12 Dose packs.
Interceptor is offered in three types of flavor tabs to be used depending on the cat body weight.
- Interceptor green for cats weighing 1.5-6 lbs
- Interceptor yellow for cats weighing 6.1-12 lbs
- Interceptor white for cats weighing 12.1-25 lbs
Please note that this product will need a veterinarian’s prescription to buy. At checkout stage you must give your veterinarian FAX or email address. The company will send him/ her prescription verification confirmation and on authorization from your veterinarian the product will be shipped to you.
Before using Interceptor like any other heartworm preventatives, your pet must be tested for heartworms. Just providing one tablet, once a month, will protect your cat against nasty parasites.
Interceptor For Heartworm Problems Benefits
Interceptor has the following benefits to offer:
- Use this flavor tablet just once a month
- Can be used for puppies as young as 4 weeks/over 2lbs and kittens more than 1.5 lbs
- Effectively prevents heart worm disease
- It removes and controls round worms and adult hookworm in cats
Instructions for Administrating Interceptor
Interceptor Flavor Tabs are palatable and when offered by the pet owners most pets will consume the tablet willingly. These tabs have a great and beefy taste your pet will love eating. As an alternative, you can even wrap the tablet in a food treat or mix with moist or canned food.
Another alternative to administer – Give this tablet as other tablet medications if your pet does not enjoy taking it with food. Observe the pet closely for few minutes following the dose to make sure the entire dose is consumed. If part of it is lost or rejected then redose once with the full suggested dose as soon as possible.
Interceptor For Heartworm Problems Dosage Recommendation
One tablet in monthly intervals should be given to cats, depending on its weight.
- 1.5-6 lbs 1 tablet/per month (Green box)
- 6.1-12 lbs 1 tablet/per month (Yellow box)
- 12.1-25 lbs 1 tablet/per month (white box)
For cats over 25 lbs must be provided with the appropriate combination of tablets.
How Often To Give Interceptor?
Interceptor Flavor Tabs must be administered once a month and preferably on the same date each month. The initial dose should be given within one month of the cat’s first exposure to mosquitoes and at monthly basis thereafter until the mosquito season ends. If a dose is missed for few or many days and a 30-day interval between dosing is exceeded, administer Interceptor immediately and resume the monthly dosing regimen.
If Interceptor replaces diethylcarbamazine (DEC) for heartworm prevention, the first dose must be given within 30 days after the last dose of DEC.
Kindly adhere to the following precautions as mentioned below for Interceptor:
- Not recommended for use in puppies / kittens less than four weeks of age and less than two pounds or one and half pounds, respectively of body weight.
- Prior to beginning of the Interceptor Flavor Tabs treatment, pet should be tested for existing heartworm infections.
- Infected dog or cat should be treated to remove adult heartworms and microfilariae prior to beginning treatment with this product.
- Mild, temporary hypersensitivity reactions such as labored respiration, salivation, vomiting, and lethargy, have been seen in some treated dogs carrying a higher number of circulating microfilariae. These reactions are most probably caused by release of protein from dead or dying microfilariae.
The below mentioned unfavorable reactions have been reported after the use of Interceptor:
- Depression/ lethargy
- Hyper salivation
Originally posted 2015-05-15 04:46:07.