Allergies are not known only to humans, they occur in tiny kittens and cats too. When it occurs to your four legged friends, it’s not an easy condition as they won’t be able to convey the difficulties and discomfort that they are suffering from. When the allergic conditions occur in cat, the immune system becomes over all sensitive to them and begins to identify even everyday substances as dangerous. A cat is known to have more allergies and will have an extreme reaction to the substance that that are common to their daily life too.
Derma-ionx is a homeopathic product that will help in tackling all sorts of skin problems in your pets. This product will help in removing the root cause of the skin problems rather than masking the symptoms alone.
This homeopathic product is completely free of side effects and will also consider the health of all the other systems in the body of your cat.
What Are The General Symptoms Of Allergic Dermatitis In Cats?
- Itching skin
- Increased rates of scratching
- Itchy ears
- Commonly prone to ear infections
- Itching tail
- Running eyes
- Swollen paws
- Sneezing, coughs, wheezing
What Should I Do If My Cat Is Suffering From Allergic Dermatitis
It would be always better to meet a veterinarian if you observe some of the symptoms of allergic dermatitis or anything unusual to your pets. Your veterinarian will undergo complete examination and will undergo certain test or special elimination diet too. This will help them to find out what exactly is causing allergic reaction in cats.
Diagnosis Of Cat Allergic Dermaitis
If you feel cat is having an itchy or irritated skin, the veterinarian might go for the test of choice which is an intra dermal skin test. Allergic dermatitis can also occur through food. This is diagnosed by feeding a cat with hydrolyzed protein diets. This has to be done for 12 weeks. This will remain as your cats diet until the symptoms will go away from your cat. If your dog is diagnosed with allergic dermatitis, prefer supplying them with home cooked meals.
Treatment Of Allergic Dermatitis In Cats
- Cleaning your pet is very important in case of allergic dermatitis.
- Not only your pet, but make sure that the surrounding is also free of germs and clean.
- Keep the flea, ticks also away from your pet. The eggs or larvae have more chance to be in contact with beddings or other common area that they commonly deal with.
- Give those home prepared foods- preferably a hydrolyzed protein diet.
Medications That Veterinarian Prescribe Your Cat With Allergic Dermatitis
- Cortisone or steroids will be prescribed to if they are diagnosed with airborne pollens related allergies.
- Antihistamines are other group of the medications that the veterinarian will prescribe
- If your cat is suffering from itchy skin, fatty acid supplements will help in relieving them.
- There are many sprays and shampoos that are available to help them beat such troubles.
- Follow a healthy life style for your pets and provide them with a peaceful environment which will help them to improve both physically and mentally.
- Do not give any medications to your pets until and unless they are prescribed by their veterinarians.
- Keep away stress, pollens, and environment pollutants away as much as possible.
- Make sure that cat is not exposed to too much of smoke or cigarette smoke especially if they are suffering from asthmatic problems.
Originally posted 2015-03-22 07:51:54.