“Agile Joints Plus for cats herbal medicine! What are the positive sides of this formula? Does it help at strengthening the connective tissues in cats? Check everything on Agile Joints Plus for joint troubles in cats…”
If you find symptoms of diabetes such as excessive urination, changes in eating and drinking pattern then consult the veterinarian immediately. Mostly these symptoms are misunderstood as a part of behavioral changes. So take your cat to the veterinarian clinic and brief him/ her about all the changes you had noticed in it. This will help veterinarian proper diagnose and suggest treatment. VetApprovedRx offers the most common and basic pet medications for any health condition. Glipizide for Cats is a prescription medication that is helpful in reducing blood sugar level in diabetic cats. The detailed description of Glipizide is part of this content.
Glipizide for cats is used to reduce the blood sugar level in diabetic cats. This helpful drug can be administered all through the cat’s life in order to maintain its blood sugar at satisfactory levels. This product is also helpful to increase the tissue sensitivity in cats so that even the smaller doses of insulin can work more efficiently. Glipizide 5mg tablets are instant release tablets and work by stimulating the insulin secretion contained in the beta cells of the pancreatic islets. Glipizide for cats sold at VetApprovedRx are offered in two forms, 5mg 100 count bottle and 5 mg per tablet (one tablet)
Kindly note that to buy this product you will need to give a veterinarian’s prescription. During checkout, the veterinarian details such as FAX or email address must be provided by you. VetApprovedRx will then send him or her prescription verification that he or she will authorize by sign and return before the product is shipped to you.
It is important for you to follow your Veterinarian’s prescription instructions for using Glipizide for cats.
- Usually, the dosage depends on the severity of the cat’s condition. The typical dosage is twice a day.
- By no means increase the dosage on your own without the prescription from an expert veterinarian.
- Overdosage can result in vomiting, loss of appetite, depression, and jaundice.
- Ensure to give the cat a high fiber diet during the complete course of treatment.
Kindly adhere to the following Precautions for Glipizide for cats:
- It is not recommended in pets with a known hypersensitivity to all sulfa drugs.
- This product is not safe to treat pregnant or nursing animals.
- Glipizide may possibly react with drugs like NSAIDs, chloramphenicol and warfarin and certain sulfa drugs. Thus, do not administer this medication if the cat is being treated with any of these drugs.
- The efficiency of glipizide may probably get altered by the influence of Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI), cimetidine and diuretics.
- The glipizide 5mg should not be given to cats suffering from pituitary gland, thyroid, kidney and liver problems.
- Administration of glipizide enhances the level of certain proteins along with increasing the secretion of insulin. Therefore, cats already having high levels of protein should be treated with utmost caution.
Glipizide Side Effects
Apart from the drug, Glipizide for cats that are likely to interfere with certain medications as mentioned in the precautions section, also, there are some possible side effects of this drug which are as under:
- Overdosing can lead to loss of appetite, depression, jaundice and transient vomiting.
- In some cases, administration of this medication can result in Hypoglycemia. This is affected by symptoms such as wobbling, weakness, inability to stand, extreme hunger, lethargy, shivering, shaking, seizures or coma.
- In addition, while administering this drug, some pets are seen to show symptoms of bruising, bleeding tendencies and paleness in gums.
- Applying a small amount of Karo syrup to the cat’s gum is found to be an effective solution for the side effects of Glipizide for cats.