“Lung Gold for Cats is good for the upper respiratory tract infections. Mainly works on conditions like sneezing, runny eyes and nose, horse throat and dry coughs. Protects from harmful viruses and bacteria. Check here to know more on this…”
Droncit Tablets for Cats are tablets which are used if your cat or kitten is facing from either of the following feline tapeworm infections:
- Dipylidium caninum
- Taenia taeniaeformis
A tablet of the Droncit Tablets has a capacity of 23 mg. It is a safe product with no contraindications claimed in its usage. The usage and administration of this product are also easy.
Droncit Tablets for Cats – Dosage and Administration
The dosage level varies depending on the size of the cat. This is because as the size increases, it requirements and needs also increases. The dosage levels for the different weight categories of cats are mentioned below:
- For cats or kittens that have a weight of 4 pounds or less should be given only half of the Droncit Tablets for Cats.
- For cats that have a weight of more than 5 pounds and less than 11 pounds should be given 1 Droncit Tablets for Cats.
- For cats that have a weight of more than 11 pounds should be given 1 and ½ tablets of the Droncit medication.
These dosage levels should be followed as it is to get the best results. The tablet can be given in two forms, either by putting it directly into the mouth of the cat or by opening it and mixing the contents in the food or treat fed to them.
There is no need for fasting or following a particular diet at the course of this Droncit Tablets for Cats. Even if there is no food in the gastrointestinal tract, the effect of this medicine will take place.
Cats who are suffering from any infections, proper steps and dosage administration should be done by the vet so that no reinfections occur. When consult your vet, tell them all the infections and disorders faced by your cat so that the vet can adjust the dosage levels and prescribe instructions accordingly. Cats with the Dipylidium caninum infections should be taken care very well to prevent the fleas and flea infections.
Droncit Tablets for Cats – Working
The working of these tablets is such a way that the Droncit Tablets are absorbed and then metabolized in the liver. This is then excreted in the bile. A cestocidal activity takes place in the digestive tract and the tapeworm loses its ability to resist the digestion caused by the mammalian host. It helps in not only killing but also preventing further tapeworms. Sometimes just minor pieces of the tapeworms can be seen in the stool and the rest all are killed.
It is a safe product to give to your cats when used in the dosage and administration prescribed. Do not overdose the Droncit Tablets as it will lead to problems like vomiting, salivation, diarrhea and depression. Also there are no toxic elements involved in the process of the consumption and digestion of the Droncit Tablets for cats.
Droncit Tablets for Cats – Side Effects
Side effects of diarrhea and salivation have been reported against the use of the Droncit Tablets for Cats. Out of the 135 cats tested of this medication, around 1.5 % of cats have experienced these side effects.
Droncit Tablets for Cats – Warnings
- This tablet should not be given to kittens that are less than 6 weeks old.
- The Droncit Tablets for Cats is only for animal use and should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Only a licensed veterinarian has the right to prescribe these tablets. It is a rule by the Federal USA Law.
- This product is said to be safe to use in cats that are in the pregnant or breeding stage. But nevertheless consult with your vet and take his permission before you give these tablets to your cat. This is because if your cat is allergic to any of the ingredients present in this tablet, then it will affect not only the cat but also its baby.
The Droncit Tablets for Cats is available in two more quantities:
- Droncit Tablets for Cats 23 mg per tablet bottle
- Droncit Tablets for Cats 23 mg 50 count bottle
There is a full time customer service available for any queries and the methodology of usage of this product is available in their MSDS, that is, Material Safety Data Sheet. In cases of immediate contact for adverse reactions problems you can call this number 1-800-422-9874. You can place an order for the Droncit Tablets for Cats at the following website: http://www.vetapprovedrx.com/shop.asp?category_id=&item_id=1810&item_name=Droncit%20Tablets%20for%20Cats#.VQql1NKUffJ
Originally posted 2015-04-17 04:31:27.