Comfortis tablets are chewable tablet which are used for killing, controlling and preventing fleas and flea infestations. It is approved by FDA and is available in beef flavor. Soon after the product is ingested, it works its action in within 30 minutes. It just needs to be had once a month and a month-long flea protection are provided. It also kills the fleas from its roots that are the flea eggs. This product is easy to administer and with its flavor it is easily liked by cats to have it. You do not need to isolate the cat, instead can easily feed them these tablets.
The Comfortis chewable tablets are supplied in 6 different sizes of flavored tablets and the different sizes of tablets are available in different color-coded packages of 6 tablets.
Comfortis – Dosage and Administration
The dosage levels are different for cats and dogs and also for different sizes of the cats and dogs. This is because the need and requirement increases as the weight increases. The dosage levels for the different weight ranges are mentioned as below:
- For cats that have a weight more than 2 lbs and less than 4 lbs should be given one Comfortis tablet from the 90 mg yellow box.
- For cats that have a weight more than 4.1 lbs and less than 6 lbs should be given one Comfortis tablet from the 140 mg pink box.
- For cats that have a weight more than 6.1 lbs and less than 12 lbs should be given one Comfortis tablet from the 270 mg orange box.
- For cats that have a weight more than 12.1 lbs and less than 24 lbs should be given one Comfortis tablet from the 560 mg yellow box.
There are two ways in which the Comfortis tablets can be administered:
- Directly – It can be administered directly by putting it into the mouth of the cat just before feeding it. Comfortis is an easy to chew tablet that can be readily consumed.
- Indirectly – The Comfortis tablets can also be given along with the food or treat given to the cat. That is the contents of the tablet can be mixed in the feed consumed by the cat. This is a less risky method and ensures that the product reaches the cats stomach.
The Comfortis chewable tablets should be administered every month. Try not to miss any dosage and always stick to the schedule and dosage levels. If you miss a dose then provide the tablet with the feed and continue with the monthly schedule. You can continue this treatment till the flea season ends. To avoid flea reinfestations you must treat the entire pet at home and not only the one infected.
Comfortis chewable tablets – Side Effects
There are very less adverse reactions reported against Comfortis chewable tablets by its users. Some of the possible side effects are:
- Stomach upsets like vomiting and diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Mental problems like depression and lethargy
- Inc-ordination of the mental and physical activities
- Excessive salivation
- Trembling of hands and legs
Comfortis – Precautions
The Comfortis for cats should not be given to cats or kittens who are more than 14 weeks of age or more.
It is only for animal use and should not be used in humans. These tablets should be kept out of the reach of children and animals.
Comfortis – Storage
Proper storage ensures the product to be used safely for long. The Comfortis should be stored at 20 to 25° C or 68 to 77° F and the permitted excursions should be between 15 to 30° C or 59 to 86° F. Apart from proper storage proper disposal is also as important.
The Comfortis chewable tablets are also available on different quantities. These quantities depend on the size range of the cats.
- Comfortis 40.1 – 60
- Comfortis 60.1 – 120
- Comfortis Cats 4.1-6 lbs and Dogs 5-10 lbs
- Comfortis Cats 12.1 -24 lbs and Dogs 20.1-40 lbs
- Comfortis Cats 6.1-12 lbs and Dogs 10.1-20 lbs
- Comfortis Cats 2-4 lbs and Dogs 3.3-4.9 lbs