WHAT IS ARTHRITIS?
Arthritis is a degenerative joint disease where the joint rubs away which will lead to inflammation and pain which can even radiate to other parts other than the joints. Clinical studies and surveys signify that 1 in 3 cats are suffering from arthritis. The main factor that causes arthritis is due to wear and tear over the time. However, injury and trauma can also contribute for the occurrence of arthritis in them.
If your cat is suffering from arthritis you will notice that your cat is no longer active or nimble as they were once. Some care takers of the pets will misunderstand that it may be a natural side of aging in them. However, like in humans this disease will also cause so much trouble in your lovely cats. The present survey shows that 1.5 million cats are living with arthritis across the pet loving states.
Arthritis is a very puzzling disease to spot as it occurs mainly in old aged cats and as they cannot convey their difficulties, they are always misunderstood as part of age. Hence, as pet owners, it is important to observe and recognize the signs and symptoms and report it to a veterinarian as soon as possible.
Although arthritis is not completely curable, the symptoms can be managed and tackled with certain medications and simple changes in the cat’s diet and in their life style.
ARTHRO-INOX AND ARTHRITIS
Arthro-inox is an arthritis solution which is totally homeopathic and natural method. This product will help in pets that are suffering with arthritis without bringing many side effects in them.
SIGNS OF ARTHRITIS IN CATS
Pain and discomfort are the two main signs of arthritis that will make your cat very dull and tired out of life. Hence it is important to take extra care on the cats since they may not be able to convey their difficulties.
- Reduced mobility- resistant to jump and down.
- They always prefer smaller jumps
- They will have difficulty in climbing the stairs.
- There will be stiffness and difficulty in movements.
- The duration of sleep will be reduced
- Unwilling attitude to go out and enjoy
- Changes in mood status- irritated when we try handling them
- They will prefer biting or increased aggression.
- They will totally avoid contact with pet owners or with other animals.
- The regular hygiene that they follow will not be followed- inappropriate urination and not using the litter.
DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF ARTHRITIS IN CATS
Diagnosis can be recognized by reporting the signs and symptoms at home. If you see anything unusual it would be always better to get it examined by your vet as soon as possible. They will undergo physical examination or take radiographs to confirm the presence of arthritis in your cats. The better side of arthritis is that it can be easily managed by the care takers at home itself. Only thing required is certain medications and simple changes in the environment can bring them back to their life and add quality of life. However the point to be noted is that medications will not cure arthritis completely. Most medications are for a relief from the symptoms that it troubles the sufferers.
A combination of both medication and the changes in life style in diet, weight and physiotherapy when included will bring out the required changes in your cat to get relived from arthritis.
MEDICATIONS THAT ARE COMMONLY USED FOR RELIEVING PAIN IN ARTHRITIS
EXTRA CARE THAN MEDICATIONS
- Provide your pet with a soft and comfortable bed in a very quiet place.
- Prefer giving them a homely food. Canned or processed food can cause a lot of other health problems in them.
- Keep necessary arrangements that make easy access for their food and water in two separate bowls.
- If your cat is overweight, you have to help them to reduce it and bring it down to normal ones. For those cats that has the habit of over eating, reduce the ratio of food given to them daily.
- Spend some time with them. Clean and groom your cat at least once in a day. Don’t overdo it as it may irritate them.
- Give them time to relax and get them out for a walk for about 15-20 minutes of time.
Encourage them to play and interact with others. This will help in mental stimulation and relaxation.
- Take them for regular checkups. As a pet owner, the responsibility lies in you for having a regular checkup with the veterinarian.
Originally posted 2015-03-20 07:29:09.