“Read on to know the major ingredients added in Lung Gold for cat lung infections and easy breathing. Users report that it deals with painful respiratory conditions like bronchitis, influenza, pleurisy etc. Further, keep on researching!”
Augmentin is an antibiotic that is known to treat a number of infections faced by the cats. The generic name of Augmentin is Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets. The combination of both the amoxicillin and clavulanic is good for treating the following infection faced by the cats:
- Upper Respiratory Infections – The upper respiratory infections are caused because of the attacks from bacteria and virus. The Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets ensures to fight these bacteria and virus allowing for the proper respiratory system.
- Bladder Infections – Urinary tract infections are also common in cats. When you cat is peeing outside the litter box, you must understand it is facing some urinary disorders. Some of the symptoms are frequent urination, pain while urinating, discoloration in the urine and so on.
- Dental Infections – As the cats get older, the dental infections increases. They face gun disease, periodontal disease on the teeth and so on.
- Skin and soft tissues – There are many skin disorders faced by cats. Some of them are the abscess, dermatitis caused either by flea allergy or food allergy or through contact or any other types of allergies, different types of acne, sunburns and patches on the skin and so on.
It is effective for fighting bacteria and preventing any further attacks from them. This medication constitutes amino penicillin with a beta-lactamase inhibitor. It is usually given orally to the cats.
Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets – Warnings
- Cats that are pregnant or in the breeding or nursing stage should not be given Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets without the permission from the vet. This is because if any drug reactions occur it will not only affect the cat but its offspring too.
- Those cats who have an allergic reaction to penicillin should not take Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets. You can consult your vet and ask him if you can give your pet this medication. Only then give it.
- Those cats that have had an allergic reaction before to any antibiotics too should be careful while consuming the Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets, as this too is an antibiotic.
- Kittens are preferably not advised to give Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets without the proper diagnosis from the vet. It is recommended to consult your vet because he can do some adjustments and alter the dosage level suited for your kitten.
- Cats that have problems of dehydration are not recommended the Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid Tablets.
- Cats who have suffered from kidney disorders or heart diseases too should take the permission from the vet before using this medication.
The Amoxicillin with Clavulanic Acid is available in the form of tablets and drops. The tablets are also available in the following quantity:
- 875 mg/ 125 mg per tablet
- 500 mg/ 125 mg per tablet
- 875 mg/ 125 mg 20 count bottle
- 500 mg/ 125 mg 20 count bottle
Originally posted 2015-04-14 07:52:31.