The presence of hydrocortisone helps in relieving the itchiness and the inflammation caused on the skin of the cat. It is used for the treatment of external ears and both the acute and chronic ear infections faced by the cats. It can also prevent the bacterial, viral and yeast infections attacks.
This solution requires no need for cleansing the ears before its applications and it is used once a year. It is definitely an effective remedy for treating both acute and chronic otitis. The ingredients present in the Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone formula mix are Lactoperoxidase system plus Lysozyme, Lactoferrin and Hydrocortisone 1%.
Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone – Working
The working of the Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone involves a three-point enzyme system. This enzyme system has a combination of three enzymes which works towards making this solution a powerful antimicrobial formula. This solution also has anti-inflammatory properties that helps in reducing the itchiness and inflammation caused due to the action of the hydrocortisones in them.
- Lactoperoxidase – With the property of antibacterial present in the Lactoperoxidase, it helps in inhibiting the bacterial metabolic enzymes present.
- Lysozyme – This enzymes works in a way that the formation of the glycosidic bond between two peptidoglycan components is disrupted which helps in killing the bacteria. Peptidoglycan is a constitute of the cell wall of bacteria and this is eliminated.
- Lactoferrin – Being a bacteriostatic, this enzyme is an iron-binding protein that can kill microorganism and inhibits the growth of the bacteria present.
Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone – Administration
The dosage and administration instructions will be given in the product package. You must strictly adhere to these instructions to get the most effective results. You can purchase this product only with prescription. So once you take your cat to the vet, he will diagnosis the condition and prescribes the dosage levels depending on the severity of the condition. The dosage levels are mentioned as below:
- Acute Infections – For acute infections, the Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone should be given one time every day for 7 days.
- Chronic Infections – Severe cases of infections requires increased dosage period for better treatment. For chronic infections, the Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone should be given one time every day for 14 days.
The administration of the Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone is as follows:
- Take out a liberal amount of the solution and fill it in the ear canal of the cat.
- Now gently massage the affected area for the medication to take its effect.
- You can ask your cat to shake its head for the excess Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone solution to be removed.
Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone – Cautions
The Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free should be used instead of Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone, in case you cat has a broken skin or any other irritations.
The Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone is made only for the use in animals and should not be used in humans. It should be kept out of the reach of children.
This product should be used in combination with other topical ear medication or cleansers. It is because drug interactions of both these medications will take place because of the enzyme activity present in the Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone.
The Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone is also available in the following quantities for purchase:
- Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone 1.25 oz bottle
- Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone 4.0 oz bottle
- Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortisone 8.0 oz bottle
Originally posted 2015-05-22 00:39:30.