There are no cleansing required before the use of this medicine which makes it easy to administer. The active ingredients included in the formula mix are Lactoperoxidase system plus Lysozyme and Lactoferrin.
“Cat hyperthyroidism support, Thyroid Support Gold – Good or bad? What are benefits aided after administering these supplemements on cats? How does it works? Read on the underlying positive and negative goals of Thyroid Gold at Pet Wellbeing…”
“Are you new to Ear Care Gold for cat ear infections, herbal natural supplement for cats. Worth at treating the foreign bodies present in your cat’s ears. Read out on the added ingredient list, including features of Ear Care Gold…”
The Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free is a safe product to use and there are no reports of side effects faced by the users. It is widely used by many cat owners whose cat suffers from ear infections. This is also because it is relatively a cheaper product compared to other medications.
Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free – Dosage levels and Administration
The dosage levels of the Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free will be given in the product package or you will get it after the diagnosis from your vet. It is very important these dosage levels are followed as per mentioned to get the best results.
- For acute infections – If your cat is facing only acute infections, you can give them the Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free once every day for 7 days.
- For chronic infections – Some cats have a case of chronic infections and the dosage levels are higher for them. The Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free should be given once every day up till the 14th day.
The administration of the Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free is given below. The dosage levels are prescribed by your vet after the consultation and it depends on the severity of the condition faced by your cat. The directions of use are:
- Take out the right amount of the solution and apply it onto the ears of the cat. That is, the ear canals should be filled generously.
- Massage the affected area very gently allowing for the solution to settle well.
- You can tell your cat to shake its head if in case there are excess of the solution present in the ear canal.
Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free – Working
The Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free is a powerful antimicrobial formula because of the Three – Point Enzyme System. This enzyme system constitutes three enzyme called lactoperoxidase, lysozyme and lactoferrin, which works the magic of relieving the cats from acute and chronic ear infections.
- Lactoperoxidase – The antibacterial properties present in this enzyme works towards inhibiting the attacks from bacterial metabolic enzymes.
- Lysozyme – Lysozyme also works as a bacteria killer and it does so by disturbing the formation of the glycosidic bond that is present between two peptidoglycan components.
- Lactoferrin – The presence of iron binding protein in the Lactoferrin helps in preventing the froth of bacteria and other microorganisms.
Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free – Cautions and Precautions
The Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free should not be used in combination with other topical ear medications or cleansers. This is because the enzyme activity of the both the solutions may not work together.
This product is manufactured only for animal use and should not be used in humans. It should be kept out of the reach of children.
The Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free is available in the following quantities too:
- Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free 1.25 oz bottle
- Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free 4.0 oz bottle
- Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution Hydrocortisone Free 8.0 oz bottle
Originally posted 2015-05-21 08:22:35.