It may sound weird but Vegan is a vegetarian cat food. Cats that do not like meat as much or other non-veg items to eat or the pet owners who do not want their little kitties to have the non-veg food temporarily would love this product. Vegan is a vegetarian nutritious food for the cats. There is not a trace of meat in its preparation.
Some cats do not go well with eating the meat. Some others may have been restricted to eat the meat for a while, under elimination procedure. Since most cat foods have meat they all are unsuitable for them. This is where the significance of Vegan is in. Vegan offers the perfect replacement meal for the cats that are restricted in the dieting area.
What is Vegan?
Vegan is a pure vegetarian preparation with only plant based nutrients, minerals and other micro elements needed for the cat’s health. It holds a bigger spectrum of the nutrition components that helps improve their body functioning as well as heir outer skin and coat health.
Vegan is dry cat food with the ingredients blend together and later dehydrated. The processing procedure retains the nutrition in the ingredients and does not allow its loss. The ingredients in it supplies, the needed vitamins, minerals, protein, fatty acids, amino acids etc.
- Brown rice, the primary ingredient provides almost all the essential elements for the cats. It has minerals, fiber, vitamins; carbohydrates etc. when added in moderate amount brown rice, which is otherwise not a good choice in cat feed, can add bulk to the diet and make the kitty’s stomach fuller.
- Corn and corn protein are the next ingredients used in Vegan. Corn is a natural source of fiber and carbohydrates. It is easily digestible and contains antioxidants. It is helpful to have a low glycemic index. The corn protein is got from the removal of the starch and bran layers from the whole corn. It is high in protein and low in ash.
- Soybeans, the greatest source of protein are part of the vegan ingredients. It has a balanced resource of protein, fat, and carbs. It has essential amino acids and the polyunsaturated fats as well. There are calcium, minerals, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and magnesium also in soybeans. There is soybean oil also that has the most powerful omega fatty acids of both kinds which are needed for many important functions.
- Wheat makes a quick energy resource and is also easily digestible. Pea protein provides the amino acids and the peas have vitamins and minerals along with some antioxidants. Molasses provides minerals and a natural flavor of meat to disguise the vegetarian food.
- Flaxseeds are added as an additional support to the skin and coat health of the cats as it has the omega fatty acids in greater amount that also improves their vitals. Chiaseeds and sesame seeds also serve the same purpose in Vegan. Sesame seeds also have a few minerals and vitamins.
Potato protein and wheat protein are a result of grains that are ripped off their starch content.
- Coconut oil has many short chain fatty acids, antioxidants, and unsaturated fats as well. The rice brain oil adds to the antioxidants and a few fatty acid tally.
- There are quite a few added amino acids such as taurine, lysine, DL-methionine, L-tryptophan, L-carnitine etc. There are traces of choline chloride a salt that takes part I metabolic activities and makes a vitamin complex.
- Additionally there are dried kelp, barley grass powder, blueberry pulp, apple pectin, yeast extract, rosemary extract, chicory root, and vegetables like carrots, celery, beets, lettuce, parsley, spinach, watercress etc.
- The probiotics colony improves the digestion and boosts the immune response in the cats.
Here is the contrary lie in. Even though Vegan is a pure vegetarian cat food it is fed along with a freshly prepared meat meal. The meat should be very less in amount. While introducing Vegan do it slowly and gradually. Even though there is nothing to worry about, a little bit of caution will not harm. The recommended quantity of Vegan for the cats is ¼, ½, ¾, and 1 cup of Vegan per day for the cats that weigh up to 5, 10, 15 and 20 lbs respectively.
Vegan will not hurt the cats but helps improve their overall health with its holistic approach. The flavor will keep them from rejecting it. Get creative and add it into its homemade treats as well.
Originally posted 2015-05-16 05:45:34.