Tylan Powder is an antibiotic that can be given to your cats if it is suffering from colitis or chronic diarrhea. It is also effective for enhancing the immunity system of the cats and taking care of all the problems related to their intestine. This product is easy to give to the cat and can be easily administered too.
The Tylan Powder is also available in a package of 100 gm. After the cat is diagnosed, your vet will prescribe the dosage levels of the medication to be given. So accordingly you can purchase the bottle suited for it. The medication will last depending upon these dosage and the needs and requirements of the cats. It may vary for different weights of cats.
Tylan Powder – Dosage and Administration
The dosage levels of Tylan Powder is mentioned in the prescription and see to it that you stick to these instructions to get the most effective results. Also before giving these dosages check with your doctor and ensure that it is safe for your cats to consume Tylan Powder.
The Tylan Powder can be mixed to the food or treat the cat is fed and then given to the cat. This is a more recommended way than giving it directly to the cat as it will ensure that the medicine reaches the cat’s stomach and starts taking effect. It is also convenient for both the owner as well as the cat.
Tylan Powder – Side Effects
There are some rare cases of side effects reported against the Tylan Powder which are mentioned as follows:
Some cats can get allergic to the contents of the Tylan Powder and they start showing allergic reactions. Some cats experience swelling in the face, have a tendency to scratch often, again have trouble with the stomach like diarrhea and vomiting, heart problems like seizures, experience shock, coldness of the limbs, pale gums, coma and so on.
If these conditions get worse, it is advised to consult your doctor immediately. If you want any immediate remedy then call up your doctor and get instructions from him before you try anything yourself. Make sure the cats are treated before these side effects gets worse,
Tylan Powder – Cautions
While giving the Tylan Powder to your cats, you must be very cautious of certain things.
- Cats that are hypersensitive are not recommended to give Tylan Powder as sometimes this might have reverse effects.
- There are cats allergic to tylosin, erythromycin and some antibiotics which fall under the macrolide class. So these cats are not included in the safe product patient category and they might face some drug interactions because of the presence of these contents in the Tylan Powder.
- Cats that are pregnant or in the breeding phase or in the nursing stage should not be given the Tylan Powder without proper consultation from your veterinarian. This is because the drug interactions might not only affect the cat but also its babies.
- The Tylan Powder is not for horses.
- The use of Tylan Powder along with other medicines which have vitamins and supplements, digoxin, methylprednisolone, warfarin, or theophylline as ingredients are only allowed after your vet’s approval.
- Also using the Tylan Powder along with lincomycin, chloramphenicol, and clindamycin are not recommended without the permission of your vet.
Originally posted 2015-04-15 07:31:55.