Infections caused by tape worms are very common in cats and this is the reason why the Tape Worm Tabs for Cats was manufactured. These infections occur when the cats eat the fleas or small rodents like rats or mice that are already affected by these tapeworm infections. So you cannot stop the cat from doing this act but you can prevent the infections caused with the help of these tape worm tablets. The Tape Worm Tabs for Cats is effective for curing the following types of tape worm infections:
- Dipylidium caninum
- Taenia taeniaeformis
You know your cat is infected by the tapeworm infections when you see segments of the tapeworm in the feces of the cat. These segments can be either in white color or pinkish white or even in yellowish white color. They have the size and shape similar to the flattened grains of rice and because of this color it is easily noticeable in the feces, droppings or in the freshly passed stools. It is also seen on the anus hair of the cat or in their bedding.
Each tablet of the Tape Worm Tabs for Cats contains 23 mg of praziquantel. Also there is a bottle of 3 tablets available for Tape Worm Tabs.
Tape Worm Tabs for Cats – Dosage and Administration
The dosage levels and administration varies depending on the size and requirements of the cat. The number of tablets to be given for the different weights of cat is given below:
- Cats that have a weight of 4 pounds or less should be given half of the Tape Worm Tabs for Cats.
- Cats that have a weight between 5 to 11 pounds should be given 1 tablet of the Tape Worm Tabs for Cats.
- Cats that have a weight of more than 11 pounds should be given 1 and half of the tablet of the Tape Worm Tabs for Cats.
You can give the tablet by putting it in the cat’s mouth or by mixing it along with its food. There is no need for fasting to be done before or after the intake of the tablets.
Tape Worm Tabs for Cats – Retreatment
For those cats that are already having infections should be definitely prevented from reinfections. So certain measures should be taken to control the fleas and rodents in the area or surroundings of the cats living. The transmission of tapeworms through Dipylidium caninum should also be avoided. Strict steps should be followed for the reinfections and the attacks of the tapeworm ingested fleas and rodents to not take place. In cases of reinfections, you will notice the segments of the tapeworm within one month from the initial treatment done.
Tape Worm Tabs for Cats – Side Effects
The cases of occurrence of side effects are very rare but there are still some reported. Some of the side effects faced by cats are:
- Excessive salivation is a problem.
- Stomach upsets like diarrhea are faced by some cats.
If these side effects or symptoms continue to persist, consult your vet immediately before it worsens.
Tape Worm Tabs for Cats – Warnings
- These tablets are meant only for use in animals and should not be used for humans. It should be kept out of the reach of children.
- You must get the permission from your vet before you give this medication to cats that are debilitated or weak cats.
- Cats that are under other treatment or medication should also be checked with the vet for no drug reactions to take place.
Originally posted 2015-04-18 00:47:43.