Surolan Ear Drops for cats are used for the treatment of canine otitis externa which are mainly caused by yeast or bacteria prone to miconazole and polymyxin B. this is an FDA-approved drug prescribed by the vets for treating even cases that have not been responding to the previous treatments.
These drops are excellent for treating:
- Canine Otitis Externa
- Malassezia Pachydermatis
- Bacteria Staphylococcus Pseudintermedius
Surolan Ear Drops – Dosage and Administration
When your cat is facing with any ear infections or diseases, take it to the doctor for consultation. The vet will do the diagnosis and prescribe the administration and dosage level depending on the severity of the condition faced by your cat. It is very important to follow the dosage, administration, directions of use and other instructions as per prescribed by your vet.
- Shake the Surolan Ear Drops bottle well before use.
- Clean the external ear of the cat very well and make sure it dries well too before starting the treatment.
- It is your duty to verify that the eardrum of the cat is intact.
- Now take 5 drops of the Surolan Ear Drops and pour it into the ear canal of the cat.
- You should repeat this process for two times a day and continue for 7 consecutive days.
- Massage the ears well after the application.
Surolan Ear Drops – Side Effects
- Loss of hearing is a problem faced by some at the end of the treatment. This may be caused because of the build-up of the medication.
- Some cats have experienced pain at the time of applying the Surolan Ear Drops.
- There have been cases of residue build-up too in some cats.
- Some cats have shown problems like vomiting. The intensities or variations of the vomiting are different for different cats.
- Signs of red pustules or red blisters are observed on the pinna for some cats.
- There are cats that start to shake their head unnecessarily.
- Topical hypersensitivity reactions are also observed in some cats that have adverse reactions during the treatment of Surolan Ear Drops.
Surolan Ear Drops – Warnings
- The Surolan Ear Drops is only to be used in animals and is not for human use. It should be kept out of the reach of children.
- This product is only for otic use and should not be administered orally.
- Cats who are either pregnant or in the nursing stage are not recommended to be given the Surolan Ear Drops.
- The Surolan Ear Drops should not be use in combination with any other drugs that has the power to induce ototoxicity.
Cats who are hypersensitive to miconazole nitrate, polymyxin B sulfate, or prednisolone acetate should take the vet’s permission before applying the Surolan Ear Drops.
Surolan Ear Drops – Precautions
- Cats who have suffered from ruptured tympanic membranes should not use the Surolan Ear Drops. You have to ask your vet first to do so. The vet will examines the external ear canal of the cat and then suggest the right remedy.
- If you observe any overgrowth of the non-susceptible bacteria or fungi in the ear canal of the cat, immediately stop the treatment and contact your vet for therapy institution.
- Prolonged use of these topical otic corticosteroids has caused adrenocortical suppression and iatrogenic hypoadrenalcorticism in dogs.
To Surolan Ear Drops is also available in the following quantities:
- Surolan Ear Drops in 15 ml bottle
- Surolan Ear Drops in 30 ml bottle
Originally posted 2015-05-12 00:42:38.