Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Cats
Seresto Collar for Cats is a collar that can be put on cats as it helps to control and prevent the attacks from fleas and ticks on them. It provides for 8 months protection and prevention’s and even controls the flea larvae. This is a waterproof and shampoo proof product which is non-greasy and is easy to use as a collar for the cats. A safety release system is mentioned which should be followed to prevent the cats from getting trapped.
What are the list of selective ingredients added in this Agile Joints Plus natural remedy? Is the product manufactured in a US company, adhering the rules of FDA guidelines? Look out for every minute details here!
Are you looking for an effective immune support? Then, why not prefer taking Immune SURE for cats. It is a herbal mix that supports immunity for prevention. Further, look more at maintaining the immunity for prevention.
Seresto Collar for Cats – Ingredients
The active ingredients constitute around 14.5 % of the Seresto Collar for Cats Formula and the inactive ingredient constitutes around 85.5 %. The two active ingredients are:
- 4.5 % of Weight Flumethrin
- 10.0 % of Imidacloprid
Seresto Collar for Cats – Directions of use
- Only just before the time of use, remove the collar from the protective package.
- Roll open the collar and check it for any plastic connector’s remnants. That is, make sure the collar is clean outside as well as inside.
- Now through the buckle you can insert the end of the collar.
- You can now fix the collar around the cat’s neck. Make sure it is not done so tightly. The gap between the neck and the collar should be such that you can insert your two fingers between them.
- The excess of the collar can be cut off. You can cut off by leaving aside 1 inch of extra collar.
- Now you can fix the three reflector clips permanently onto the collar. The purpose of this is to increase the visibility of the cat in the dark.
- You must evenly distribute the clips. You know it is well secured when you hear the clicking sound. The clasp of the clip closes permanently and it cannot be reopened.
The cat should be made to wear the Seresto Collar for 8 months, which is the protection period. If needed you can adjust the fitting. You must check it periodically.
Seresto Collar for Cats – Side Effects
- Itchiness is a common type of side effect faced by the cats using the Seresto Collar. This mainly occurs for those cats that are not used to wearing collar and find it uncomfortable.
- Hair loss and mild skin reactions are also seen in some cats. This occurs because of the mechanical irritations of the collar at the time of application. In such cases, you need not remove the collar and this problem will be resolved in 1 to 2 weeks.
Any other serious side effects, consult your vet immediately.
Seresto Collar for Cats – Precautions
- The collar must not be tied too tightly to the neck.
- The leash should not be attached to the Seresto Collar, it will lead to breakage.
- Contact with the eyes, skin or clothing should be avoided. Even if by accidentally done so, you can wash it off thoroughly with soap and water.
- Sensitivity reactions may occur and people who have that should avoid contact.
- The collars or reflectors should not be placed in the mouth and as it contains small parts, it should be carefully handled.
- Kitten under the age of 10 weeks should not be put the Seresto Collar.
- If your cat is pregnant or in the nursing stage, first ask permission from your vet before putting this collar.
Seresto Collar for Cats – Cautions
- Before the use of the Seresto Collar, read all the instructions and user manual and anything mentioned on the label.
- Only at the time of use, you should open the package.
- The collar and the reflectors should be kept out of the reach of children and they should not be allowed to play with it. It can cause a choking sensation in the children.
- In case of any emergency contact the numbers given in the label.
Seresto Collar for Cats – Storage and Disposal
Proper storage and disposal should be given to the Seresto Collar in such a way that it does not contaminate the water, food or feed of the cat.
- Pesticide Storage: The Seresto Collar should be stored in its original container which should be kept closed. It should be kept in a cool and dry place, away from the reach of children.
- Container Disposal: The Seresto Collar should be disposed of well by putting it in a pouch and throwing it in the trash.
The Seresto Collar for Cats is available for purchase at the following website: http://www.vetapprovedrx.com/shop.asp?category_id=&item_id=2384&item_name=Seresto%20Collars%20for%20Cats#.VRjvafyUffL
Originally posted 2015-06-04 04:29:40.