Sebozole Shampoo is a medicated shampoo manufactured by the Vetoquinol USA. It is known for its antifungal and antibacterial properties to fight off all the fungus and bacterial presence from the skin of the cat. There are keratolytic ingredients present in this shampoo that are effective for treating the following disorders faced by the cats:
- Seborrheic Dermatitis, which also has an association with Malassezia pachydermatis
- Staphylococcus intermedius
Sebozole Shampoo – The Ingredients
The active ingredients of the Sebozole Shampoo are:
- Miconazoel Nitrate – There is about 2 % of this ingredient present in the Sebozole Shampoo.
- Chloroxylenol – Chloroxylenol constitutes around 1 % of the total Sebozole Shampoo formula mix.
Some of the other ingredient included in the Sebozole Shampoo formula mix is:
- Purified Water, Sodium Olefin Sulfonate
- Propylene Glycol
- Lauramide DEA
- Sodium Thiosulfate
- Salicylic Acid
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone
- Sodium Hydroxide
All these ingredients operate together and give the effective benefits it is supposed to give. The performance of the Sebozole Shampoo solely depends on the coordination of all these essential ingredients.
Sebozole Shampoo – Directions of Use
The directions of use and the dosage levels should be followed exactly how prescribed to get the best and effective results. The directions of use are as follows:
- Wash your hands first. This ensures that all the germs or bacteria present on your hand is washed away and it is not passed onto the cats.
- Wash the coat of the cat with water.
- Apply the Sebozole Shampoo and massage it well to forms a lather. Make sure it reaches the whole body and the whole body is massaged and scrubbed with this shampoo.
- Leave it like this for about 10 minutes.
- Then wash is off complete with water.
- You can repeat this procedure for two times a week till you see some changes and relief in the symptoms faced by the cats.
- Once these symptoms subside you can reduce the procedure to one time a week.
- Strictly stick to the directions given in the label and prescribed by your vet. You can also check if both these matches and ask your vet if it does not. Sometimes the vets alter the dosage levels depending on the severity of the condition of your cat.
Sebozole Shampoo – Warnings
- If any side effects or irritations are faced by your cats immediately contact your vet.
- As per the Federal Law USA, the Sebozole Shampoo should be prescribed by only licensed veterinarian. So make sure your vet is licensed when you get the prescription or purchase this shampoo.
- The product should be kept away from the eyes. That is, it should be avoided eye contact. If ever by mistake, the solution comes in contact with your eyes wash if off immediately. If you face any irritations contact your doctor at the earliest.
- The product is only for use in animals, especially cats, dogs and horses.
- It is strictly not for human use and should be kept away from the children.
Sebozole Shampoo – Storage levels
The Sebozole Shampoo should be stored at room temperature. It should not be exposed directly to sunlight or kept in a freezing atmosphere. This ensures the long lasting perishability of the product. Other there are chances of drug interactions to take place.
The Sebozole Shampoo is available in two more quantities:
- Sebozole Shampoo 8 oz bottle
- Sebozole Shampoo 16 oz bottle
Originally posted 2015-04-16 07:14:18.