Quadritop Ointment is a treatment for cats who are suffering from acute and chronic otitis. The presence of Nystatin – Neomicin Sulfate – Thiostrepton – Triamcinolone in this topical medication provides the benefits needed to cure the different types of otitis. It is a generic for Panalog that is widely used in both cats and dogs suffering from varied etiologies. Some of the other areas the Quadritop Ointment provide treatments too are:
- Interdigital cysts
- Anal gland infections
- All the types of dermatological conditions like inflammation, dry or exudative dermatitis, bacterial infections and candidal infections.
The Quadritop Ointment is a product manufactured and distributed by Butler Schein Animal Health. That is, it is a registered trademark of Butler Schein Animal Health. But nevertheless, the usage of this ointment should only be after getting expert advice from your vet. The Quadritop Ointment is not an over the counter product and it requires prescription too.
Quadritop Ointment – Ingredients
The Quadritop Ointment Formula mix constitutes the following ingredients in a polyethylene and mineral gel base:
- Nystatin – The Quadritop Ointment formula constitutes about 100,000 units of Nystatin.
- Neomycin Sulfate – Neomycin Sulfate is an ingredient equivalent to neomycin base and it constitutes about 2.5mg.
- Thiostrepton – The presence of this ingredient in the Quadritop Ointment formula mix is 2,500 units.
- Triamcinolone Acetonide – The final ingredient of the Quadritop Ointment is Triamcinolone Acetonide which constitutes about 1mg.
Quadritop Ointment – Dosage and Administration
The dosage and administration should be followed as per the instructions and prescriptions given by your vet. Adhere to all the instructions and the directions of use to get the most effective results in lesser time. Before applying the Quadritop Ointment yourself, it is must take your cat for diagnosis. This is because the vet after diagnosing can prescribe the dosage levels taking into consideration the intensity of the condition faced by your cat.
Even for purchasing this product from the website, you have to submit the prescription from the vet online or through fax. Your vet can also warn you in advance the possible side effects and precautions that are likely to be caused.
The Quadritop Ointment is also available in the following quantity:
- Quadritop Ointment 15 ml
- Quadritop Ointment 30 ml 1 fl. Oz
- Quadritop Ointment 240 ml 8 fl oz
Originally posted 2015-05-11 10:04:32.