Is Agile Joints Plus for cats safe to use in pregnant and cats intended for breeding? What if the condition worsens or resulted in gastrointestinal upset? Just check here and research more on the precautionary statements associated!
Can Immune SURE for cats taken by dogs? What are the side effects in excessive or long-term use of this supplement? Is there any doctor prescription needed before having these supplements? Read to know more on this immune support formula.
This pancreatic function is known as the exocrine pancreas. Usually, the digestive enzymes produced by the pancreas are inactive and becomes active once they are secreted into the small intestine where they aid in the digestion of food. The digestive enzymes that are usually inactive can become active and cause damage to the pancreas. This causes increased inflammation in the pancreas which obstructs the digestion process. To help proper functioning and relieve Pancreatitis, an inflamed pancreas, certain types of pet medications are available. VetApprovedRx is known to offer the best quality pet medications at reasonable prices for the pet any health condition. PancreaPowder Plus is a type of cat and dog medication that helps digestion. This product’s details are further included in this content.
PancreaPowder Plus is a supplement for dogs and cats that aids in digestion with exocrine pancreatic enzyme insufficiency. PancreaPowder Plus helps to replace those missing digestive enzymes so that your pet can properly digest and absorb nutrients from food. This product is made from porcine pancreas.
PancreaPowder Plus Benefits
PancreaPowder Plus offers the following helpful benefits:
- It is a digestive aid for pets with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency
- It is similar to the PancreVed product
- This product comes with fortified fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E
- PancreaPowder also contains digestive enzymes such as amylase, lipase, and protease.
- It is available in two variants 8 oz and 12 oz
Veterinarian prescription is needed to buy this product. At checkout, you will be asked for your veterinarian’s Fax or email address. Then, VetApprovedRx will send him or her prescription verification cum confirmation which your Veterinarian will have to authorize and return. Upon receipt, the product will be shipped to you.
PancreaPowder Plus Active Ingredients
The active Ingredients contained in each 2.8 g (1 teaspoonful) of PancreaPowder Plus are:
- Lipase 71,400 USP units
- Protease 388,000 USP units
- Amylase 460,000 USP units
- Vitamin A 1,000 IUs
- Vitamin D3 100 IUs
- Vitamin E 10 IUs
- Pancreatic enzymes are of porcine origin.
PancreaPowder Plus must be used as a digestive aid in replacement therapy for dogs and cats. It is helpful where digestion of protein, carbohydrate and fat is not enough due to exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
PancreaPowder Plus Dosage and Administration
The following Dosage and Administration should be followed as directed for PancreaPowder Plus:
- Dose must be administered before each meal.
- The dosage is estimated depending on the severity of the condition and weight of the cat.
- PancreaPowder Plus can be added to moistened dog / cat food canned or dry. It is important to thoroughly mix the food and this supplement to bring the enzymes very near to the food particles. After mixing, allow it to incubate at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
The average dose/meal to be offered is:
- For Dogs: ¾ – 1 teaspoon 2.8 g/teaspoon.
- For Cats: ¼ – ¾ teaspoon.
This product is fortified with fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E where metabolism of these important vitamins is inadequate.
Precautions: PancreaPowder Plus must be stored in a tightly closed container. Keep it in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees C or 77 degrees F.
Cautions: This product should be discontinued in dogs and cats with symptoms of sensitivity.
Originally posted 2015-06-05 08:56:32.