Omega-3-Spectrum Pet is a unique formulation to provide the cats with a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids. The most effective source of these fatty acids is fish. The wild cats do get the chances to snack on the fresh fish whenever they wish like but the pet cats do not have that luxury. The next best source for this fatty acid is flaxseeds. Omega-3-Spectrum Pet uses these flaxseeds as the source of omega-3 fatty acids. To make the fatty acid available for the cats it is formulated with other ingredients to have a stable and absorbable form of the omega-3 fatty acids.
About omega-3 fatty acids
Fatty acids are long chain fat molecules with single or double bonded carbons. Depending on the length of the fatty acid chain there are three main types of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Alpha linolenic acid – ALA
- Eicosapentaeonic acid – EPA
- Docosahexaenoic acid – DHA
Of these, ALA is the shortest one which is later converted to EPA which in turn forms the DHA.
What are the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids?
The omega-3 fatty acids are essential fat molecules to maintain heart health, reduce inflammations and for skin health. The deficiency of these fatty acids may cause adverse effects in the felines. By providing this fatty acid the cats are able to maintain their good health or can improve their health from a low state. It also helps regulate the fatty acid balance inside their body. Cats that suffer with frequent allergies, dry and dull fur, skin inflammations etc would benefit highly by using Omega-3-Spectrum Pet.
Omega-33 fatty acids maintain the cell integrity in the cats and also provide certain hormone like compounds. The cell processes are also monitored and regulated by them. By regulating the blood pressure the heart health is also kept good. The DHA takes care of the brain health along with vision and heart. It also regulates the optimal brain-eye co-ordination as well.
The peculiarity of Omega-3-Spectrum Pet formulation
The flaxseeds are the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. But the main drawback of these in cats is that the cats are unable to convert the ALA into the EPA, as these fatty acids have the protection of the abundant antioxidants. To overcome this stability, Omega-3-Spectrum Pet is formulated with less stable EPA and DHA from other sources. The formulation also ensures the stability of these fatty acids for a longer period.
Other Features of Omega-3-Spectrum Pet
- Omega-3-Spectrum Pet is a blend of plant seeds, algae, and fish oil. The ingredients used are milled organic flaxseeds, organic fish oil, and algal oil, enzymatic digest of liver, rosemary extract, citric acid, and vitamin E mixed tocopherols.
- Omega-3-Spectrum Pet is a result of a unique combination of the essential omega-3 fatty acids in the dry form. The dry powder has no particular flavor but is pleasant to smell.
- Omega-3-Spectrum Pet is rich in dietary fiber from the flaxseeds. The flaxseeds also contain a good amount of antioxidants such as phytic acids, flavonoids, phenolic acids, and tocopherols. There are plant based estrogens as well.
- Omega-3-Spectrum Pet contains a high amount of amino acid composition of biological value.
- The DHA in Omega-3-Spectrum Pet is stable and there is no degradation even after 6 months.
Using Omega-3-Spectrum Pet
Omega-3-Spectrum Pet is recommended for daily use along with the cat food. Mix only one teaspoon per day so divide the portion equally among the meals.
Omega-3 and omega-6 balance
There are no side effects for this as the fatty acids are needed by the pets to have a healthier body. It also ensures a balance between omega-3 ad omega-6 fatty acids. The metabolic pathways of these two fatty acids start from linoleic acid and the path of omega-6 may lead to inflammation, blood clotting, depressed immunity etc. When omega 3 is there to balance the use of linoleic acid for better uses, the adverse effects of omega-6 pathway is reduced.
Originally posted 2015-04-19 00:28:32.