This Life Gold Cat Cancer Support helps at dealing the symptoms of cancer like weakness, unexplained vomiting, lack of appetite, abnormal growths and swellings. Further, read on to know more on Cat Cancer Support user reviews and other relevant details.
“Are you thinking where to buy Calming Care for Cats? Read and research all you want to know about Calming Care. Really, a good research will serve the purpose as it helps the cats maintain a balanced state of mind…”
Since the days I was a child, there have been dogs and cats in my home. Growing up in my parent’s home have always been so memorable as we had a great time with pets around. We had a German Shepherd, a Pug, a Persian cat and an American Shorthair. As an added bonus, I had 2 younger brothers and 2 younger sisters. In a house with 2 adults, 5 children and 4 pets, you can imagine how hectic it would be for my mom to manage the whole house.
These days, my mom find it difficult to clean the house as she has a problem with bone degeneration. Doctors have advised her to take complete rest and not to strain her legs. And so the job of cleaning the house has been on my shoulders now. One of the most dirty jobs is to clean the carpets when it smells cat urine.
When I researched, I found that there are a variety of reasons why your feline passes her urine in the carpet. If your cat is sick or is getting used to a new pet or child, she might do her business at any place, be it a new chaise lounge or the carpet. If your cat has a habit of peeing anywhere inside the house other than her box, you need to consult with your vet to find out the exact reason.
So here are some of the tips I would like to share from my grandma’s experience and some from my friends that could help you get rid of the cat urine smell from the carpet. I tried this for dogs and it worked for them too.
- Absorb as much of the cat urine as possible: The moment you see your carpet wet, clean up as much of it as you can as soon as possible. Grab a towel, fold it half and put it on the stain and step on it. Do this not just in one spot but around the area. Bounce up and down and walk on your tiptoes. Once the first towel has absorbed all the urine, grab the next towel and do the same job. Once you are done with it, you can wash the towel using a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with detergent. This helps to disinfect and freshen the fabrics. If you really hate to do the washing part, you can use a paper towel. But I suggest you go for fabric towel as they can be reused and are not costly.
- Don not rub the stain: If it’s dry, pour cold water on the stain and blot. Avoid using detergents with ammonia in them. The pee smell in the carpet can encourage your cat to mark the spot again. Your cats have a stronger sense of smell than you, so even if you can’t smell leftover urine, your cat can.
- Try home made solution: For those who are looking for a natural solution to get rid of cat pee smell, this one’s for you. Hope you have a bottle of vinegar left in your kitchen rack. Vinegar is great for killing bacteria. We do put the veggies soaked in vinegar-mixed water to kill the germs and bacteria present in the veggies. Same way, you can use vinegar for eliminating the smell. Try one and a half cups of warm water and a half cup of vinegar. Pour this mixture over the stain and soak for about 3 to 5 minutes. You cannot use this remedy for stains on marble or stone.
- Home remedy with hydrogen peroxide: Mix 3/4 cup of three percent hydrogen peroxide with 1 teaspoon of dish wash detergent. Sprinkle this solution over the baking soda and test a small spot on the carpet. Otherwise hydrogen peroxide can discolor the fabric. Once you have tested, you can add it into the fabric or carpet.
- Commercial cleaners: If you can’t get home made remedy done, there are commercial products available on the market that work well too. Make sure to look for cleaners that contain enzymes because they work to break down the urine and neutralize the odor. Follow the instructions carefully as mentioned in the label.
- Baking soda air-freshener: Just because you can’t see the stain anymore on the carpet doesn’t mean that the smell is gone. As mentioned above, cats have stronger smelling sense than humans. Deodorizing must be the final step to end up this process. Add baking soda to a mixture of detergent and water and sprinkle it on the carpet. Adding lavender essential oil would give fragrance to the room as well. After sprinkling, let it sit for an hour or longer. Then vacuum it up.
Instead of going for chemical cleaners that have high exposure to dangerous chemicals, you can use these simple techniques to remove cat urine from the carpet.
Originally posted 2016-03-07 06:51:02.