A cleanser for removing the crust and excessive cerumen in the ears of the cat is the Epi Otic Ear Cleanser. It is a non-irritant solution that can be used for easy and routine cleansing of the ear canal. It promotes the health of the ears by relieving all dermatological problems faced in the ear canals of the cats.
The Epi Otic Ear Cleanser contains Spherulites, which is an encapsulation system that has the benefit of slowly releasing the ingredients of the solution even after a long time has passed after the application of the product. This is exclusive which is patented and developed by Virabac. The addition of the fresh apple blossom fragrance E makes it easy to administer for the cats. This product is suitable to be used for cats of any ages and size. There are number of benefits offered by the Epi Otic Ear Cleanser and it helps in enhancing the health of the cat’s ears. This dermatology cleansing dry solution is non-irritating too.
Epi Otic Ear Cleanser – Ingredients
The ingredients used in the Epi Otic Ear Cleanser are:
- propylene glycol
- Lactic acid
- Docusate sodium
- Salicylic acid
- FD&C blue #1
Among these two ingredients, the lactic acid and the salicyclic acid are present in encapsulated Spherulites form and even in free form. The Epi Otic Ear Cleanser formula constitutes around 2.7% of lactic acid and 0.1% of salicyclic acid. There is also an amount of chitosanide which is present in the encapsulated form.
Epi Otic Ear Cleanser – Directions of Use
This cleanser should be used as directed by your veterinarian. See to it that all the instructions are followed as per mentioned in the product package and also prescribed by your vet. The Epi Otic Ear Cleanser can be used for two to three times a week. For routine use, you can use it daily. If your cat is suffering from otitis externa then this cleanser should be applied before every treatment done for the otitis externa.
- Before opening the bottle shake it thoroughly.
- There is a nozzle in white color at the top of the Epi Otic Ear Cleanser. Open it and squeeze out some amount of the solution into the ear canal of the cat.
- Now rub the ear of the cat very gently.
- You can use a cotton or cloth to wipe off the interiors of the ear flap of your cat. You can moisten it with the Epi Otic Ear Cleanser.
Epi Otic Ear Cleanser – Warnings and Caution
- The Epi Otic Ear Cleanser should not be used for any other use other than topical use.
- It is meant to be used only for animals and therefore should not be used on humans. It should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Do not bring this cleanser in contact with the eyes. Even if happened accidentally wash it off immediately with water. If the irritations still persists then immediately contact your doctor before the situation gets worse.
- Cats that have a problem of ruptured tympanic membranes in their eardrums should not use the Epi Otic Ear Cleanser. You must get the permission from your vet first.
The Epi Otic Ear Cleanser is available in the following quantities too:
- Epi Otic Ear Cleanser 4 oz bottle
- Epi Otic Ear Cleanser 8 oz bottle
- Epi Otic Ear Cleanser 16 oz bottle
Originally posted 2015-05-02 00:35:15.