VetapprovedRx is an online pet medication store that is located in Tennessee. It is founded by a trusted Veterinarian to share his decade old experience of treating animals in his own small animal hospital. VetapprovedRx offers pet medications at the most affordable prices. The company is selling only those products in which they believe are effective, safe and beneficial for pet health. It offers a wide range of pet medications for several types of pet health conditions. Medications for allergy, skin problems, antibiotics, ear medications, medicines related to digestive problems, heart and liver problems and many more variety are available at this site. Gastro intestinal tract troubles are common problems in pet that may occur due to unhealthy eating habits. Enulose is useful medication to treat constipation in cats.
Enulose is a useful medication for both cats and dogs offering laxative effect. It is used to treat constipation problem in animals. It is a type of sugar disaccharide that is broken down into mild acids in the end part of the intestinal tract or colon. These mild acids cause water to be flown into the colon and then this water helps soften the stool. This lactulose Solution 10gm/ 15ml comes in an easy to feed liquid from that weight 16oz.
Important purchasing note – Enulose requires a veterinarian’s prescription to buy. At the time of checkout you will need to provide your veterinarian’s FAX or email address. Then the company sent him or her prescription verification that he or she will require to sign and return before the purchase product is made ready for shipping.
The following benefits are offered by Enulose
- The medication comes in an easy to administer Liquid form.
- There are simply no restrictions on food, drink, or activity to be followed by pet unless otherwise as directed by the veterinarian.
Dosage and Administration
The suggested administration and dosage instructions should be followed for Enulose:
- The usual laxative dose in cats is 1 ml per 2 pounds of cat body weight to be given every 8 hours initially and then use as required.
- Visit your pet’s veterinarian if the pet develops excessive diarrhea or feels uncomfortable.
- Enulose is formulated which can be mixed with water, fruit juice or milk to improve the taste.
- The effects of Enulose are generally seen in about 24 to 48 hours.
- Enulose may get darken slightly in color, but make sure that this change is harmless.
The few of the possible side effects of Enulose are:
- Bloated stomach
- Indications of overdose
The below are the signs of overdose of Enulose:
The following are some caution points which should be noted for using Enulose:
- As Enulose is a sugar you should inform your veterinarian if your pet is diabetic.
- Also tell veterinarian if the cat is pregnant or lactating.
- Enulose may get slightly darken in color, but this change is harmless. However, if Enulose becomes very dark in color or uneven in consistency then discard and do not use the product. Store lactulose at room temperature only and keep it away from moisture and heat.
- Keep this medication away from the reach of children and pets.
- Enulose Solution is not FDA approved for use in veterinary medicine. However, it is a generally accepted by veterinarians to prescribe this medication for cats.
Originally posted 2015-04-30 00:41:22.