To treat the infections caused in cats a product has been developed known as the Clotrimazole 1% Cream. This is an antifungal medication mainly used for the purpose of treating dermatological conditions. Some of the skin infections that can be efficiently handled by this cream are ringworm, athlete’s foot, itchiness, Candida, rashes and thrush, inflammation in the penis region, infections in the vagina and so on.
An effective ingredient included in this cream is Clotrimazole which is known to be an effective substance to fight off the fungal and yeasts infections. It kills the fungi and yeasts preset in the cell membranes of the cats and prevents the production of ergosterol. This ergosterol substance is the reason why there are holes in the fungal cell membranes and this can be avoided.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream – Directions of Use
- Before you start to use this cream, read all the instructions and directions of use given on the package of the Clotrimazole 1% Cream. It is very important to follow those instructions as per given to get the result you want.
- Wash your hands before applying the cream. This ensures that the infections are not spread.
- The affected area onto which you are going to apply the Clotrimazole 1% Cream should be cleaned and pat dry well enough.
- A thin layer of the Clotrimazole 1% Cream should be applied on the affected region. These instructions should be followed if your veterinarian directs you that way.
- The Clotrimazole 1% Cream is said to show its affects within two days of its use.
- You can check with your doctor if there are no results found.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream – Side Effects
There are no severe side effects faced by the users of the Clotrimazole 1% Cream. Although there are reports of some cats experiences irritations on their skin. In this case, stop the usage of this cream immediately and contact your veterinarian at the earliest.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream – Warnings
Do bring the Clotrimazole 1% Cream in contact with the eyes or mucous membranes of your cat. It is very dangerous. Immediately take your cat to your vet or contact him as soon as possible to known what to do next.
The drug should be prescribed by only licensed veterinarian, as per the Federal Law USA. So you too should make sure you consult a licensed veterinarian for the purchase of Clotrimazole 1% Cream.
This product is not for use for human and should be kept out of reach of children.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream – Storage levels
The Clotrimazole 1% Cream should be stored at room temperatures, that is between 59 to 86o Fahrenheit.
So in fact all the skin infections and diseases and its symptoms can be relieved when this cream is applied on the affected region of the cat. There is also a 1% 30 GM Tube available for this product.
Originally posted 2015-04-08 05:55:34.