Bug Defense is an insect repellant that can be used on cats to keep the pests like fleas, ticks, lice, mites, mosquitoes, flies and other biting and stinging insects away from them. These bugs often carry germs, tapeworms and other harmful organisms that cause diseases in the pets. Bug defense can be applied over the cat’s skin that is highly effective for the first 2 hours and up to 4 hours. After 2 hours the effect will be reduced but effective all right.
Bug defense is especially necessary while the cat is being taken out for a walk or other needs. It is completely safe to use on the little creatures’ skin. It is both water and sweat resistant and will not be washed out by these liquids. Made with all natural active ingredients, it does not cause any irritation or side effects.
Bug Defense is devoid of the chemical N,N- diethyl-meta-toluaminde, popularly known as DEET. This is found to be harmful for neurons and speech problems. Bug Defense is made of natural products only and no harmful chemicals are used in it.
Ingredients in the Bug Defense
There are two kinds of ingredients in the manufacturing of the Bug defense insect repellent. There are active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The active ingredients is what makes the insect runaway and the other ingredients helps form the formulation, being a medium and so on. The active ingredients are mainly essential or herbal oils.
- Soybean oil is the natural equivalent for DEET without its side effects. It helps keep the mosquitoes away and also effective against many bothersome bugs that disturbs the cats. It keeps the skin moisture and also assist in fur growth.
- Citronella oil is fragrance free and can repel mosquitoes and other insects.
- Peppermint oil is a non toxic insect repellant that can act against many bugs. The bugs that bother the cats will stay away for a good while in the presence of peppermint oil.
- Cedar oil is a powerful insect repellent that cause the death of the bugs by osmotic dehydration, neutralizing their body fluids, choking etc. The bug that happened to come in contact with this oil is sure gone. This makes it a good choice to keep the bugs away and in case anyone cme snear will have to face the wrath.
- Lemongrass oil keeps almost all the bugs away. The strong aroma of this oil is like sedation.
- Geranium oil is another natural insect repellant that can repel a maximum number of bugs like mosquitoes, flies, fleas, ticks etc.
The inactive ingredients are the beeswax, water, citric acid, glyceryl stearate, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate and vegetable glycerin.
The usage instructions for Bug Defense
The Bug defense bottle should be shaken well before each use. Apply a liberally and evenly over the cat’s body. Care must be taken not to let the product come in contact with the eyes or mouth. Reapplication may be done after 2-3 hours if needed. It is safe to apply over the cat’s clothes as well.
There is generally no irritation or side effects for this product. In case there is even a slight irritation for the cats, stop the usage immediately and wipe off the oil with a soft cloth and then wash as usual with soap.
Originally posted 2015-02-17 04:23:14.