This product can be used for cats of any sizes and ages. The collar can be adjusted accordingly. Even if the collar gets snagged it provides for easy breakaway. The functions start taking place as soon as the collar is put onto the neck of the cat. Once the Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar are used, it starts taking effect with 48 hours. The treatment for both the fleas and ticks are different.
- Fleas – All the types of fleas are killed like adult fleas, immature fleas, and even flea eggs up to 8 months.
- Ticks – This medicine helps in killing the ticks up to 6 months.
Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Cats – Ingredients
The constituency of the ingredients in the Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar Formula are as follows:
- 10.0 % of Propoxur CAS
- 2.1 5 of S – Methoprene CAS
- 87.9 % of Other Ingredients
Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Cats – Directions of Use
It is very important to stick to the dosage levels, administration and the directions of use mentioned in the product label. You can cross-check with your vet too. for effective and faster results, this should be done. The directions of use of the Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Cats are as follows:
- First buckle the Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Cats around the neck of the cat. The collar should be tightened by placing the thread flat end through the buckle hole.
- Adjust the collar size according to the convenience of the cat. You can leave an extra 1 to 2 inches around the collar, just in case you want to adjust it later on.
- The excess of the collar present can be cut off and disposed well in the garbage.
- You have to constantly check on the collar fit and adjust if needed. This will be needed when the kittens are growing fast.
- The Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar should be replaced every 8 months so that the cat is protected from adult fleas and flea egg hatch.
A benefits of the plastic buckle provided in the Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Cats is that when molded into collar, it helps in reduces the problems of neck irritations and buckle failures. Make sure that the collar is snug enough to avoid the cat’s leg or lower jaw getting stuck in the collar. It should be loose enough so that if needed, the color can be rotated about the neck.
Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Cats – Precautions
- This collar is meant only for non-domestic animals and is harmful for humans. Do not allow your children to play with this collar.
- The Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar are hazardous if swallowed or absorbed through the skin. So keep it away from the mouth and skin or even clothing. If it comes accidentally in contact then rinse with plenty of water immediately for about 15 to 20 minutes. If the condition persists, immediately seek medical help.
- Avoid eye contact and see to it that no dust gets into the eye as the dust by the collar is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Dust from the collar in the eyes can cause temporary construction of the pupils.
- Open the package only when in need because if opened earlier pesticide dust will be formed.
Wash your hand thoroughly before and after the usage of the Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar.
- The safety of this product for cats that are either in the pregnant stage or nursing stage is not determined. So consult your vet before giving so.
- Cats that are aged or medicated should also be considered by the vets.
Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Cats – Storage and Disposal
The Breakaway Plus Flea and Tick Collar should be stored in its original unopened package. It should be disposed properly in the garbage. You should not reuse the container or reuse the collar. The collar should be fitted on the right place on the cat. If this collar is removed then you should store it well and not place it on the wood or other surfaces.
Originally posted 2015-05-22 09:44:28.