Banamine is an analgesic agent along with anti-inflammatory and anti pyretic activity. This medicated product is mainly recommended for the pain that is associated with musculoskeletal disorders. This is a potent non narcotic agent which is non steroidal.
Contents Of Banamine Injectable
Each milliliter of BANAMINE Injectable Solution contains flunixin meglumine equivalent to 50 mg flunixin, 0.1 mg edetate disodium, 2.5 mg sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate, 4.0 mg diethanolamine, 207.2 mg propylene glycol 5.0 mg phenol as preservative, hydrochloric acid, water for injection qs.
Dose & Administration For Horse
The recommended dose is 0.5 mg per pound 1ml/100 lbs of the body weight. This recommended dose is only for once daily. This can be given both intravenous and intramuscularly. For treatment basis this is mostly given continuously once daily for 5 days. In case of pain associated with equine colic , intravenous administration is recommended. In most cases pain is alleviated in less than 15 minutes.
Dose And Administration Of Banamine In Cattles
The recommended dose for cattle troubled with pyrexia and inflammation is 1.1 to 2.2 mg/kg 0.5 to 1 mg.lb to 2Ml PER 100lbs of body weight . you can give it in through intravenous means either once or divided doses at 12 hr interval. Follow the apt dose according to the weight for up to 3 days.
Contraindications Of Banamine
In case of horse, intra-arterial injection should be given. Do not inject in horses that shows hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of flunixin meglumine.
- Cattles must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 4 days. The milk should not be used for 36 hrs after the last treatment.
- Do not use in horses intended for food.
- Do not use Banamine in bulls that are intended for breeding.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Do not use in horses or cattles that has allergic reactions to the ingredients present in Banamine.
Adverse Reactions Of Banamine
Isolated reports of local reactions is seen particularly in neck, local swelling, induration, stiffness and sweating are some of the adverse reactions seen along with banamine.
Certain anaphylactic reactions are reported which some of them can be fatal.
Purchase Details Of Banamine
Benamine of strength 50mg/ml is available in 50ml, 100ml or 250ml multi dose vials. The cost varies with the quantity.
This product will require a veterinarian prescription to purchase Banamine. You will have to mail the prescription details by your veterinarian, after verification the product will be shipped.
Precautions While Using Banamine
- Inject only the recommended dose.
- Do not inject in other pets without a veterinarian concern.
- This Banamine is not recommended to be used in other pets without a veterinarian concern.
- Avoid the usage of expiry dated products of Banamine.
- Do not keep Banamine under direct sunlight or in the reach of children.
- Do not use this product for human use.
- Dispose the syringe and the needle after use.
- Do not use bend or broken syringes for use.
- Use sharps container for disposal.
Originally posted 2015-05-08 10:00:17.