VetApprovedRx is a pet medications online store that offers medications to treat many health conditions in dogs, cats, etc. This company is founded by an experienced veterinarian Dr. Barry Miller who has been practicing in his own small animal hospital for over a decade.
All products sold at VetApprovedMeds are safe and effective to work positively for your pet. Advantage Multi is one of its effective products categorized under heart worm prevention that helps prevent heartworms. Read on to learn everything about Advantage Multi for cats.
Advantage Multi for Cats can be bought by prescription only. This product is 100 percent effective at preventing heartworm disease, and greatly effective at treating and controlling intestinal worms. It is an all in one, easy to use, monthly topical solution. Advantage Multi for Cats is also able to treat and control ear mite infestations. This product is offered in two variants, Advantage Multi for Cats 5-9 lbs and Advantage Multi for Cat 9-18 lbs. Both these variants are available in either 6 Dose or 12 Dose packs.
Note – To buy this product a veterinarian’s prescription is required. At checkout your veterinarian’s FAX or email address needs to be provided. Then VetApprovedMeds will send prescription verification to your veterinarian that he or she will authorize and return before the product ships to you.
How Advantage Multi for Cats works?
Advantage Multi imidacloprid + moxidectin Topical Solution is to be administered once a month. It should be applied directly to your cat’s skin, to prevent heartworm disease plus kill adult fleas and controls flea infestations, plus treats and controls intestinal worms. The Advantage Multi contains two active ingredients such as imidacloprid and moxidectin. Imidacloprid has a high rapport for the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in the postsynaptic region of the nervous system of fleas. The result is the inhibition of cholinergic transmission in insects i.e., fleas become paralyzed or dead. Moxidectin interacts with gabaamniobutyric acid GABA and glutamategated chloride channels. This directs to opening of the chloride channels on the postsynaptic junction, the flow of chloride ions and induction of an irrevocable resting state. The result is flabby paralysis of vulnerable parasites, followed by its death and/or expulsion.
The key benefits offered by Advantage Multi for Cats are:
- It is shown in clinical trials that this product is 100 percent effective at preventing heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
- It offers up to 100 percent effective treatment and control of hookworm infections caused by Ancylostoma tubaeforme adults, not matured adults, and larvae (fourth stage). It also treats and control roundworm infections caused by Toxocara cati adults and fourth stage larvae.
- This product has proven effective up to 99.5 percent in treating and controlling ear mite Otodectes cynotis infestations.
- It is safe and effective medication when used topically as instructed for cats and kittens that are at least nine weeks of age and that weigh at least two pounds.
- It comes in a ready to use topical solution packed in six, single dose applicator tubes for cats weighing 5.1 to 9 pounds and 9.1 to 18 lbs to be used once month.
- Three, single dose applicator tubes are available for cats/ kittens weighing two to five pounds.
How to Apply Advantage Multi to Your Cat?
Your veterinarian can best determine the correct dosage of Advantage Multi for your cat depending on his/ her weight. The pre determined dose is applied to the cat’s skin surface once a month. Applying Advantage Multi for Cats is available in three convenient package sizes to offer you flexibility in dosing:
- Kittens/Cats 25 pounds
- Cats between 5.1 and 9 pounds
- Cats between 9.1 and 18 pounds
Note that cats more than 18 lbs. should be treated with the suitable combination of Advantage Multi for Cats tubes. After you have the proper premeasured dose suggested by your veterinarian, follow the below Dosage and Administration instructions.
Dosage and Administration
The below suggested Dosage and Administration instructions should be adhered:
The suggested minimum dose of imidacloprid is 4.5 mg/lb 10.0 mg/kg and moxidectin is 0.45mg/lb 1.0mg/kg, one time in a month by topical administration only. Do not apply Advantage Multi to cat’s irritated skin. Follow the below steps on applying the product are:
- Take one dose applicator tube from package. Administer the complete contents of the tube that suitably corresponds to the cat’s body weight.
- Hold the tube in an upright position and remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove the cap from the tube.
- On the back of the cat’s neck at the base of head, part the hair until the skin is seen.
- Put the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the complete contents of tube directly on the cat’s exposed skin.
- Lift the tube away from cat skin before releasing pressure on tube.
Please make a note of the below mentioned important safety information about Advantage Multi for Cats:
- Like all topical pet health treatments, including, Advantage Multi for Cats, is not to be given to pets orally.
- It is not for human use
- Keep it out of the reach from children.
- Oral ingestion by cats may result in tremors, hypersalivation, vomiting, and loss of appetite.
- Children should be kept away from the application site for 30 minutes after application.
- Talk to your veterinarian if this product is appropriate for your cat.
Kindly follow the below cautions for Advantage Multi for cats’ product:
- Do not allow this product to enter the cat’s mouth or eyes, or do not let the cat to lick the application site for 30 minutes.
- Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion by grooming.
- If you have multiple pets, then keep cat isolated to prevent licking of the application site by other pets.
- Stiff, tangled hair or a damp, oily appearance of the hair may be seen at the application site on some cats. But, this is temporary and does not affect the safety and effectiveness of the product.
Originally posted 2015-05-14 10:53:47.